Chapter 8

We made our way to his red Jeep Wrangler as I called home to tell my parents that I would be home at 8:00. I told my mom that I was at Kimberly's house. She'd kill me if she found out that I was alone with a boy. I know I said I didn't want a relationship but seriously, Ethan was probably the best guy for me. The two minute ride to Starbucks consisted of an in car Marianas Trench concert. I almost had a heart attack when he put the CD on and played my favorite song; he knew all the words. 

   "Wait a second," I said clearly surprised. "You like Marianas Trench?"

   "Yeah. I've been a fan since Shake Tramp back in 2007"

   "They are brilliant. I love them," I responded as we exited the car to enter the coffee shop. 

   Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted him staring at me in admiration, making me blush like never before. I never thought a hormonal boy could make me blush as much as Ethan did in the past 12 hours. 

   "God. You're perfect." 

   That statement pissed me off, causing me to go straight into rage mode. I have so many flaws its not even funny.  

   "No I'm really not Ethan. Actually, I am the farthest thing from perfect. I hate how I look but I have learned to live with it cause I can't change it. I'm a disappointment to my father and I suck at everything I ever put my mind to. I am hated by 70% of the people at our school and-"

   At this point I was crying a little, giving up on the impossible task of naming every single thing that I hated about myself, every thing that made me imperfect; the list was far too lengthly. Ethan pulled me into a hug and we stayed there in an embrace for a good three minutes. I'll admit, this made me feel a little better, a little more loved than I had previously thought.

   "You're perfect to me," he said lifting my head with his hands and gently wiping away my tears with his sleeve.

   "Thanks," I sniffled.

   He held out his hand and I interlocked my fingers in his. We walked into Starbucks and he ordered me a caramel flan latte. Let me just say, I think I had a new favorite now that pumpkin spice was gone until next year. We decided to finish our drinks in his car. He noticed me staring at his perfect face which made him crack a cute smile.

   "Take a picture. It'll last longer," he said jokingly.

   "Okay," I said pulling out my phone. "Smile!"

   Instead of smiling, the little shit looked right into my eyes and put me in a trance, my body was unable to move caught in his gaze. From that moment on, I understood that I couldn't hide my affection for a dark haired, blue eyed Ethan Abrams. I knew exactly what was coming next and I let it happen; hell, I wanted it to happen. He kissed me as soon as the camera flash went off. Before I knew it we were making out. Just as he grabbed me by the waist, we were interrupted by my god damn cell phone. We both stopped and bursted into laughter as a result of the comical and time appropriate call. I looked at the caller display, it was my mother.

   I let it go to voicemail when another call came in, again, mom. Then, I glanced at the clock, worried at what she might've been

calling about. Something told me in that exact moment that the time was not the only thing she was calling about. 

   God, I truly had hoped I was wrong.