Chapter 15

I stood there for a few minutes waiting, half naked in the door way of Ethan's closet, for Cameron to shake my hand and introduce himself. 

   "Woah," Cameron said in profound awe. "She's hot. I mean you told me she was pretty but, damn."

   I blushed, "Hey. Yeah, I'm kinda standing right here."

   "How the hell did you manage to get her in your room? Last time I checked you suck at picking up girls."

   Ethan kept his eyes fixed on mine as he observed my confusion. The corners of his mouth turned upwards and he started laughing at my frustration.

   "I'm still here!" I yelled, startling Cameron

   "Ooh, she's feisty. Nice."

   "Yeah, and she is also half naked. So if you don't mind," Ethan pushed.

   Finally, Cameron got the point. He nodded his head at me, "Nice meeting you, red!"

   "The name's Holland, dirt bag!" I yelled as he walked out of the room.

   "Well, that was interesting," Ethan said, smirking as he did so.   We both bursted into laughter and collapsed on the ground,

toppling over each other and eventually resulting in me, still half naked, sitting on his lap. He put his arm around me and hugged me tight.

   "I wonder how many girls have been half naked in your closet before. I'm definitely not the only one."

   "Would it be kinda pathetic if I were to say you are the only one who has temporarily resided in the depths of my closet wearing nothing but a hot purple bra and skinny jeans?" 

   I rolled my eyes jokingly at his last comment, "I wouldn't say its pathetic. I mean it is unusual for such events to take place in the room of a sixteen year old lacrosse player anyway."

   "Good. How did you know I play lacrosse?" he asked completely oblivious.

   I gestured obviously to the shelves on the walls, "Lucky guess. Not to mention the hoodie on the floor over there that says 'Westfield High Lacrosse' on it in big white letters." 

   He smiled that signature Ethan Abrams smile.

   "Okay, you really got to stop it with that smile."

   "Why? Is it... distracting?" he asked seductively as he flipped his short, brown hair.

   He moved in, his smile faded in to a sheer look of attraction.

   "Um, yeah just a little," I responded quietly, caught in the trance of his aquamarine eyes.

   His lips kissed my forehead and then my nose leaving me to think that next was the lips. He looked at me and moved his lips to just a millimeter away from mine.

   I waited anxiously for him to kiss me but instead he put on the smile again.

   "Psych."

   "Seriously? I can't believe you just did that," I said as he got up and put on his sweater.

   I dressed myself and stood up, tired of his shenanigans. 

   "You're such a shit! Get over here!"

   Frustrated, I ran up to him, launched myself on to his back, and wrapped my arms around his neck. He laughed and grabbed my

legs, pushing me higher on his back.

   "Alright, I guess I'm walking you home on my shoulders," he muttered, moving out of his bedroom and to the freezing outdoors of Westfield.

   "Ha! You won't make it halfway!"