Chapter 10

I gazed at the green coffee cup as I made my way up the stairs to put it in my bedroom along with the other one from the first day I met him, which was only four days ago. I only met him 96 hours ago and we had already made out, and skipped class together. 

   God I'm easy.

   I never actually thought that I could be considered attractive to someone like Ethan let alone any other boy. All guys were scared of my because I can shoot a gun, cross bow, and a re-curve bow not to mention the little scar on the top of my forehead from my father's previous drunken attempts at child abuse. But really, I am not as scary as they think, I mean, I have asthma. I can't run a metre without my lungs failing to be lungs. 

   I grabbed my favorite book of all time, The Fault in our Stars by John Green (aka Satan), and placed it in my duffle bag. The Fault in our Stars to me is like The Imperial Affliction to Hazel Grace. It's the closest thing I had to a bible and I'd it everywhere I  went.

   We all loaded in to Kim's car and made our way to her ever so normal house.

   "I have the house all to myself this week. Well, except for Derek. Just a little warning for ya. He's an extreme pervert."

   Well that's super comforting.

   We arrived at her house and opened the front door to find Kim's little brother Derek and his hormonal twelve year old friends playing video games in the living room.

   "Guys! Seriously! It's passed midnight! Go home!" Kim yelled at the boys. "Don't you guys have like, Idon't know, parents or something that are worried about you!" 

   Derek's friends reluctantly got up, filing out one by one and we were finally brought to our rooms in which we would be residing for the next couple of days.

   "Mama Summers, you'll be sleeping in the guest room and Holland, you'll be sleeping on an air mattress in my room."

   I launched myself onto the cushioned pillow of air that would be my bed for the next few days. After a while of Kim and I not being able to sleep, I asked her if Ethan can come over.

   "Okay, but make sure your mom's asleep," she whispered.

   I quietly pulled out my low battery phone and texted him Kimberly's address:

   Me: 165 Hallowsbury Road.

   Not even a minute later, my phone binged, revealing his response.   

   Ethan Abrams: I'll be there in fifteen minutes.

   You think he would've been, you know, sleeping at two o'clock in the morning like a normal person but clearly he isn't normal. 

   "Holland," Kimberly interjected, "He really likes you."

   "What brings you to such a conclusion?"

   "I saw him when he was calling the cops, his head was in his

hands; he was nervously tapping his foot when they said they were on their way."

   "Yeah, well, we kind of made out earlier in his Jeep after he bought me coffee."

   "I think you guys are cute together," she admitted, a hint of jealously in her voice.

   "Don't get your panties in a wad; you'll find your prince charming soon enough."

   At exactly two-fifteen, I heard something hit Kim's bedroom window, jolting me off of the bed. I ran towards it and looked down to see Ethan's blue eyes staring up at me with a goofy, but cute, smile on his face.