Chapter 1: Night Field Trip

B#6 - Cabo P.O.V.

"Son, hurry up! You'll be late again," my mom said.

"Just finishing my hair," I answered.

I put some wax on my hair and brush it. I'm really excited about this night field trip. We're the only section who had been chosen from our school. We're so lucky! I take my bags and go down stairs. I see mom waiting at the door. She holds a lunch box in her right hand.

"Be careful on your trip," she said.

"Okay mom," I said then kissed her on the right cheek.

She gives me the lunch box. I open the door and go outside. The sun has set already and it gives a bloody red color in the sky. I see Kevin and Andrew together. I call them and they turn their heads and smile. Andrew waves his hand and I cross the street and join them. I can tell that the two are very excited in this field trip.

"So, Jed," said Henry, "you excited in this field trip too?"

"Yeah, but I'm also a bit nervous," I answered.

"Yeah, me too," Andrew said.

"C'mon now, let's just enjoy this trip, ok?" Kevin said.

We walk down the sidewalk and talk a bit loud. We see the bus arrives at the school. We also see the other students running towards the bus. We can see Paul’s gang, Colleene and Athena, the Jesus Freaks, the gay man, Arjay, all of our classmates are there.

"C'mon, let's take the back seat," said Kevin.

“Okay, c’mon,” I said.

The three of us run to the bus. I go in first. I see that the back seat has been taken. I look for another place for the three of us can sit. I see three seats that haven’t been occupied yet. I sit beside the window then call the two.

“Someone got the back seat ahead of us,” I said.

“Don’t worry, it’s alright,” said Andrew.

“I think, not alright,” said Kevin.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Look at the seat in front of us,” he said.

I look at the seat in front of us and see Queenie. She smiles at me. I just roll my eyes and look at the window. I hear the two laughs. I look at them an angry look and they stop. When I turn my head on the window again, they are just giggling.

G#27 - Williams P.O.V.

"Dear, do you really don't want to go to your field trip?" asked my mom.

"Of course, it'll be boring," I answered.

"Dear, this opportunity won't come again. This is your chance to enjoy being in junior high. Your father and I didn't have this kind of trip when we're in your age," she said.

"Fine, just to make you happy, I'm going," I said.

"I just want you to enjoy being a teenager," my mom said then smiled.

"Okay, I'll be getting ready. Please prepare me food to bring," I said.

"Okay," my mom said.

My mom finally leaves the room. I will regret this day for sure. I take a quick shower and put on my school uniform. I hear that everyone is coming and I've already said to my adviser that I'm not going. But here I am, getting ready for the trip. I take my phone and text Jhenica.

"I'm going in that field trip. Please wait for me," I said and sent it to her.

I go downstairs and see my mom preparing the food. I sit down on the sofa and take my phone, Jhenica replies to me.

"Okay, we'll be waiting for you :D," she replied.

I throw my cell phone at my right side and lay my head for awhile. I see mom is finishing the clothing of the box. I get up instantly. She approaches me and gives me the food she prepared.

"Be careful, okay?" my mom said.

"Okay mom," I said.

"Enjoy your night my dear," she said then she kissed me in the cheek.

I get out of the house and go to the school. I see the bus in the streets and inside I can see my classmates. They are having so much fun already. Maybe I should enjoy this time with them. I hurriedly went to the bus. I’m finally at the door. The bus driver opens it and I go in inside. Jhenica looks over here.

"Hey, Rhynx! Sir! Rhynx is here!" shouted Jhenica.

"Good. Are we ready to go?" Sir Laysa asked.

"Yes sir," everyone answered.

I look for a vacant seat. Looks like that the seats have already been taken. I go over to Jhenica.

“Are there any vacant seats?” I asked.

“Of course there is, over there,” she said then pointed towards Queenie.

“The hell, are there any more?” I asked.

“Sorry, girl, you said that you won’t come so we reserve everyone already a seat,” she answered.

“Wait, who’s at the window at her row?” I asked.

“That place hasn’t been taken already,” she answered.

“Well, it’s better than nothing,” I said.

I go to the vacant seat at the homo’s row. Please, let it be alright. She looks at me as I place my things at the seat between us.

“You don’t want to sit beside me?” she asked.

“No thanks,” I answered then smiled.

I turn my head to the window. The sun is still giving a few amount of light, so I can see the rice fields. They’re beautiful, green, and peaceful. I’m just going to ignore the homo that is beside me. I close my eyes.

 45 students remaining