Chapter 9: Betrayal

B#4 - Balboa P.O.V.

"So, what was Queenie's expression when you're about to kill her?" asked Paul.

"Man, I'm telling you she's begging for it. She was like a beggar on a street asking for spare change," I said proudly. We all laughed.

I'm hanging out with Paul's gang with a young one. The gang composes of, of course, Paul, Hans, Lester, Christian, Athena and Colleene. The only sophomore kid is also with us. We haven't much topic on what we're talking. We just talk on what we wanna talk about.

We are in a studio-like building. There's just one door but no windows. There is no ceiling so it's a bit safe for us. No, not for us, me. We are all laughing together.

"Are you f*cking serious?" Athena asked.

"Of course!" I replied.

"What does it feel like to kill a person?" Colleene asked. Everyone stopped laughing now. They all looked at me.

"Well, it feels like nothing. I think a bit disgusting," I answered.

"So, is that it?" she asked again.

"Yeah, completely sure," I answered.

Colleene looked at Athena and Athena nodded. What does that mean? Are they building a secret alliance or something? Well, if they're thinking of that, I'm gonna make sure that I will be the first to do that on them.

"Oh yeah, what zone are we again?" asked Christian.

"F-5," I lied.

We're on F-6, and just a few minutes this'll become a danger zone. Better make plans. I think deep as they all laugh together. I looked at my wristwatch and 6 minutes more this'll become a danger zone. I pretended that I heard something outside. I stand up and took my axe.

"Wait, I'll just check on something outside," I said.

"Okay, you be careful, we're near a danger zone," said Paul.

I nodded. I opened the door and went outside and closed it. I slid my axe through the handle bars and silently walk away. I went as far as I could go and saw a hole and hide there.

G#15 - Gordon P.O.V.

"Do you think King will be alright?" Athena asked.

"Of course he'll be alright. Just believe in him," I answered.

Athena nodded. We are on a corner, sitting on the ground. The boys are talking all boy-stuff. It is a bit awkward to have only two girls in a group of boys. Well it's much more awkward if you're the only opposite gender in the group. Well, I'm a bit thankful for Athena.

"Man, if I'm Traxex I can kill those guys and make an escape of this hellish island!" said Hans. The boys laugh.

"Isn't it a bit weird to be here?" I asked Athena.

"No, I think it's more fun in here," she answered.

She looked at me then smiled. I smiled back. Just seeing her smile eases me up. I looked at the boys and they're really fun to be with. Looks like Athena is right.

"Let me just look outside too," I said to them.

"Okay, be careful," Paul said.

I went to the door and I opened it up. It's locked. I shake it but it won't open up. They all startled.

"What's wrong?" Athena asked.

"The door, it won't open," I answered.

"What?" they all asked in unison.

"Let me try," said Paul.

He pulled it but nothing happened. He tried again, still the same result. He kicked the door and went to the wall. I heard my necklace tick. I looked at them and they're necklace is also ticking.

"Ahhh!" screamed Athena.

"What are we going to do?" asked Hans.

"That King betrayed us!" I shouted.

I kicked the door and it won't budge. I punched the door still nothing happened. Hans helped me but still nothing. This time we're three but nothing has changed.

"Fu---" Hans said unfinished.

His necklace exploded. Blood has squirted out of his neck. Athena screamed. Paul's necklace was next. I ran to Athena and hugged her. She was crying.

"It's okay," I said.

"We'll die together," I said to her. Our necklace exploded.

B#4 - Balboa P.O.V.

They should be dead by now. It is five minutes pass 10. Yup, they're dead. They're necks have already exploded. I went out of my hiding place and went to the boundary of F-6 and F-5. I looked at the building they're in. I smiled.

I turned around and saw the hole of a gun pointed at my head. I looked at who's holding it and saw the unknown guy. I feel all sweaty and nervous.

"Please, don't kill me," I begged.

"You're just sicker than me," he said.

"W-what?" I asked.

"I saw the whole thing," he answered.

"Please, don't kill me," I repeated then cried. He pulled the trigger.

B#8 - Daniel P.O.V.

His head has many wholes and blood is squirting out. I kicked his body.

"I just hate the ones who betrays his friend," I said to him.

I know it's useless but I want to say it anyways. I walked down the path and looked for my next victim.

Boys #4 - Balboa

Boys #7 - Chu

Boys #9 - De Leon

Boys #11 - Elvambuena

Boys #14 - Nocum

Boys #18 - Yacat

Girls #14 - Gem-an

Girls #15 - Gordon

8 DEAD  16 students remaining