Chapter 11: The Twelve

G#25 - Santos P.O.V.

I cry while I run. I look back to see if the killer is still chasing me. No signs of him. I look again in front of me. I run faster and faster to escape from him. I jump on a log but unluckily, I tripped over it. I try to stand up but the pain is too much. I see that I have a cut from a sharp rock nearby.

I cry again. I heard footsteps coming in. I lay my back on the log and look who it is. I hear voices and I think that they're talking to each other.

"Wait, the lighthouse is a danger zone, right? Where are we going now?" said the boy's voice.

"Let's just stay here in the woods," answered the girl's voice.

The boy's voice is a bit familiar to me, but the other voice, I think I haven't heard her before, nor I know her. I saw two image of a boy and a girl coming. They are not looking at me, they are looking each other. Wait, is that Jed?

"Hey! Jed!" I called.

They look at me. They both run towards me. As they approach me, I try to stand up.

"Hey Jhynyx, what happened to you?" Jed asked. I cry again.

"Someone killed Nichole and Sierra," I answered then cry.

"You got some nasty wound, I'll treat you," said the girl.

I look at her. She's gorgeous, looks like that these two have a relationship. I look at Jed, he is really something. These two are really meant for each other.

B#6 - Cabo P.O.V.

"Jed, who is she?" asked Jhynyx.

"Katherine, why?" I said.

"You really are meant for each other," she answered then smiles.

I feel that my cheeks turn red. I look at Katherine and she's blushing too. I hear Jhynyx yawns.

"I feel sleepy," she said.

"Get some rest," I said.

"Okay," she said.

She closes her eyes and snores. She a fast sleeper. I hear Katherine laughed. I look at her.

"What?" I asked.

"She's just like you," she answered.

"What do you mean?" I asked her again.

"She's a fast sleeper and she snores too loud," she answered then laugh.

I laugh with her. I hadn't got this moment with her since we broke up. This brings back memories of us.

*flashback*

"Hey, Jed. Look at this lion!" she said while the lion is near her.

"Be careful, it might bite you," I said.

"Don't worry, I can handle it," she said.

She slowly puts her hand inside the cage then the lion growled. She didn't even retreat her hand. She continues to reach the lion. I look at them nervously.

She finally reaches the lion's head then pets it. Looks like the lion likes it. The lion went a bit closer to her then scratches it's body at the cage like a cat. I'm finally relieved.

"Look Jed, I made a new pet," she said then laugh. I laugh with her.

*reality*

"Why are you smiling?" she asked.

"Oh, nothing," I answered.

"Are you turning into a wacko?" she asked.

"Hell no! I just remembered something," I answered.

"Well, you better be--" she said unfinished.

The base plays again another annoying music. Sir blows the mic and tested it. We listen very carefully.

"Hey there! Looks like you're doing a good job," Sir said. We look at each other.

"Day two hasn't come yet, but you're already down to twelve! Give yourselves a round of applause! Here are the list of survivors."

"Boys #6 - Cabo"

"Boys #8 - Daniel"

"Boys #12 - Fajardo"

"Boys #15 - Trinidad"

"Boys #16 - Valmonte"

"Girls #3 - Cabrera"

"Girls #16 - Hampil"

"Girls #18 - Hernandez"

"Girls #20 - Jones"

"Girls #23 - Royale"

"Girls #25 - Santos"

"Girls #27 - Williams"

"Wow, we're really down to twelve," Katherine said.

"If this annihilation keeps on, this record will be hard to beat," Sir said.

"Okay, here are the danger zones. Listen up very carefully. Starting at 1 to 3: E-1, F-7 and B-9. From 3-5: F-5, C-9 and D-2. From 5 to 7: E-3, D-6 and D-8. From 7 to 9: B-8, D-8 and G-2. From 9 to 11: C-5, D-6 and D-1. Break a leg!" he turned off his mic.

We looked at the map. Luckily, he didn't said F-1. We're relieved. We look at Jhynyx, she's sleeping very deep.

"Let's get some rest," Katherine said.

"Okay," I said.

I lay down and she went to my side. She lays her head on my chest and doze off. I look at the sky and look at the treetops.

12 students remaining