Chapter 2: So Thats The Story

• Dedicated to Czar Daniel

 B#8 - Daniel P.O.V.

It is the perfect day for my fiancée and me. After school, I bought a bouquet of white roses for our first ever anniversary. I can't take off my huge smile on my face. This level of excitement in me is unexplainable. Every step I take gives me more excitement.

As I approach the place where we're going to meet, I see different couples hanging together. They are very happy, they are laughing together, they are just very sweet. It gives me an envious expression towards myself. As I look straight forward, I finally see her, my one true love, my one desire. I approach her quickly and I stand in front of her. She looks at me with her beautiful smile. It is one of the most beautiful sites that I've seen on my life.

"Hey," she said with her sweet voice.

"Hey," I said.

"Are those...for me?" she asked.

"Uhm...yes! Here, for you," I gave her the bouquet of white roses with a huge smile.

"Thank you," she said then she smelled it.

I can't help myself but to stare at her beautiful face and smile. It seems like my world is all over her. I wanna give my life just to protect her. I go to her side and she automatically leans her head on my left shoulder. I can't really explain this feeling in me. I wish this moment will last forever.

As we enjoy our moment, 5 persons who wear a black tux approach us. They are heavily armed and it looks like that they're ready to battle. One of the guys looks at me.

"Are you Czar Daniel?" he asked with a low voice.

"Yes," I answered.

"You're coming with us," he said.

He suddenly takes my right hand. He holds my right hand very tight. I try to escape from the grip. His grip just keeps getting tighter and tighter. His grip almost crushes my wrist.

“Ah!” I shouted.

The guy just ignores it. The people around us are looking at us. I can hear their whispers. I look at Marielle, she looks very shocked. She throws the bouquet of flowers to the ground and run towards us.

"No! You can't take him!" Marielle shouted.

She fights the grip of the man that is holding me. I see her tears fall from her cheek. One of the men punches her in the face. She is send to the ground.

“Hey, what are you doing?” asked the police officer.

The police officer takes out his gun. His hands are a bit shaky. The guy that is holding me passes me to one of his companions. I stomp on the foot of the guy. He accidentally releases me. I run towards Marielle and pick her up.

“C’mon let’s go,” I said.

I take her hand and run away. I hear gunshots, it’s more dangerous here.

“Hey! Stop!” shouted one of the guys.

I look behind us and see that he is chasing us. We run faster and we reach the busy market. I look again behind us. He is still following us. I turn right to the building and go upstairs. We finally stop running. Both of us are gasping for air. We breathe very fast.

“Who are they?” Marielle asked.

“From the looks of them, they’re from the government,” I answered.

“What do they want from you?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” I answered.

I feel someone got my right arm.

“Aha! Gotcha!” said the guy.

“Shut up!” I shouted and kicked him in the face.

He falls down from the stairs, looks like he’s out cold. I take Marielle’s hand and we run again. We finally make it to the rooftop.

“Not so fast guys,” we looked behind us and we saw the men in black.

They are holding out their guns. The guy with a blood in his mouth muttered something.

“Come with us Mr. Daniel,” said the guy.

“No! You have to go through me first!” shouted Marielle, she went in front of me and stretched her hands.

“Now, miss, if you want to live, please step back,” said the guy.

“No!” she insisted.

“Suite yourself,” the guy pointed the gun towards us and shoots.

“Ugh,” I hear her say.

She slowly falls to the ground. She vomits blood. I fall down on my knees and take her head. She looks at me then smiles.

“Remember that I will always love you,” she said then she closed her eyes.

“Marielle, Marielle?” I said.

My sight went black. I stand up and charge towards the guys. I punch the guy who shot Marielle in the stomach. Blood squirts out of his stomach. He falls to the ground and I take his gun. I point it towards him and shoot him in the neck. Blood sprinkles out from him. The others have gathered around me. Someone holds my arms from the back.

“Get your filthy hands off of me!” I said.

I try to bolt out from him. The other guy puts a tissue in my nose. The scent of the chloroform overcomes me. My sight is becoming blurry. I’m still trying to bolt out from the grip. I look again at the body of my love. I fall totally unconscious.

G#3 - Cabrera P.O.V.

 It is freezing cold inside this store. I didn't change my school uniform yet. I just want to drink some iced tea while walking home. I take my phone in my shoulder bag and look at the time. It's exactly six in the evening. I take one iced tea and pay it in the cashier.

I hurriedly walk down the dark streets all by myself. It doesn’t give me any fear or anything. I see a group of boys 10 meters away from me. Now it gives me fear. I hurriedly cross the street but unluckily, those boys follow me.

"Hey, hey, hey little missy!" said one of the boys.

"You know it's very dangerous to walk down in the dark?" one of the boys said.

I just ignore them. Still, they don't give up easily. I walk a bit faster. They try to catch up to me. This time, I run.

"Hey, wait up!" shouted one of the boys.

I run very fast that they can't almost catch up with me. I hear their footsteps coming in closer and closer. I didn't even realize that I'm already crying. I don't know what to do. They are now a bit close to me. As I almost give up, I hear a gunshot.

"What the!" shouted one of the boys.

I turn back to see what's going on. I see one of them is lying lifeless on the ground. They are looking around to find the suspect. Again, there's another gunshot. Another one of them died. I’m very afraid at the time. I see the boys run away to the alley. It gives me a bit of relief. Still, where did the gunshots came from?

I turn around and continue to walk. As I walk, I bump to a huge guy in black tux. He also gives me the chills. I try to run but his arm catches my right shoulder. I look at him again.

“Are you Katherine Jane Cabrera?” he asked.

“Yes, yes I am,” I answered.

“Come with me,” he said.

He starts to drag me along.

“Wait! Where are you taking me?” I asked. He didn’t answer.

“Help, Help!” I shouted.

He faces me then slap me in the face.

45 students remaining