Chapter 17: Game Over

B#6 – Cabo P.O.V.

We walk to the town proper. It is a complete ghost town. The street lamps here are just huge. The cars are left behind and there’s a shattered window in the grocery store. We walk to the grocery store.

“Hey, let’s look at the body over there,” she said.

I look at where she points. There’s a dead girl’s body.

“C’mon,” I said.

We walk together. She suddenly run to the body. I follow her. She screams and run towards me. She’s crying.

“What? Who is it?” I asked.

“Rhynx,” she answered.

“What?” I asked her, a little surprised.

“Rhynx, she’s dead already,” she said.

“Wait, what do you mean?” I asked her.

“We’re the only two left,” she answered.

I look at her. I creased my head. I went to the body. I stand in shock. She’s really dead. She got many shots in her body. Her head has a hole and her blood has already created a small pool around her. Katherine went beside me and hugs me tight. I can’t help it but to cry.

“It’s alright, it’s gonna be alright,” I said.

“No, there should be one winner,” she answered.

She looks at me and I look back. I hug her and cry. I just can’t believe that one of us should die.

“C’mon, let’s just enjoy our moment before this game ends,” I said.

I put my hand in her shoulder. We went to a clearing where the grassy field is swaying with the wind. We sit down and we wait until sunset.

“Ahem,” said Sir from the school.

“That’s right, enjoy your moment while it last,” he said.

“Whatever,” I said.

“A feisty little guy, aren’t you,” he said.

“Please, sir, just shut the f*ck up!” Katherine shouted.

“Well, f*ck you, too,” he said then he laughs.

“Shut up,” she said.

“Fine, this game will end at exactly 5 in the afternoon. Even though the game started at 7:42, we should get this event done,” he said.

“You’re totally unfair!” I shouted.

“Hahahaha! Just a few minutes more and it’s game over,” he said.

“Why you!” I said.

“What are you going to do? Kill me? If you will win,” he said then turns off his mic.

“Ugh! That sh*t!” I said.

“Calm down, maybe I should die,” she said.

“What? Are you insane?” I asked.

“A little, I just want you to go on,” she answered.

“Well, let’s just die together,” I said.

“No, one should go on with his life,” she said.

“Fine then,” I said.

I take out the handgun I just took lately. I point it towards her and she closes here eyes.

“Sorry, I have to do this,” I said.

I point the gun towards my head. I pull the trigger.

G#3 – Cabrera P.O.V.

I hear him shoot but why do I feel the wind? I hear something drop to the ground. I open my eyes. I almost cry my eyes out. Why did he kill himself? Why? I run to his body.

His brain is all scattered around his head. His eyes are closed and he wears a smile. I take his brain and cram it up in his head.

"Jed, please wake up," I said.

"Look at the mess you've made," I said, a tear escaped from my right eye.

“Jed, Jed? I said that I should be the one to die!” I said.

“Jed, please wake up,” I said.

“Jed? Jed. Jed!” I shouted then cry.

March 27, 2010

Honorato C. Perez Sr. Memorial Science High School

Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija

9th grade - Nitrogen

4:34 PM

Girls #3 – Cabrera

WINNER

GAME OVER!

The soldiers drag me in back to the school. They make me sit on a small room and they take off my necklace. I touch my neck and it feels very hot. The door opens and Sir Laysa goes inside. He sits in front of me.

“Hey, how are you?” he asked with a grin.

I make an angry face at him and he’s still smiling. I punch him in the face and he falls to the ground. The soldiers go inside the room and they hold my arms. He stands up and wipe the blood on his mouth and grin.

“Well, looks like you’re very pumped up,” he said.

I hear the door opens up again and a soldier with a dark green bag comes in. He salutes to sir and give him the bag. He throws the bag at me.

“Let her go and bring her back to the city,” he said and he left the room.

The soldiers free my arms and push me to the bag. I look at them sharply.

“Open it,” said the soldier.

I slowly turn away from my gaze at him and look at the bag. With a little curiosity, I open up the bag. My mouth fall wide open and see a ton of cash. I look at the soldiers and he smiles. I take a handful of cash and throw it at the soldiers.

“I don’t want this crud!” I shouted.

I keep shouting it and the soldiers drag me out of the room. They take the bag and throw it to the helicopter.