Chapter 16: It Hurts

B#6 – Cabo P.O.V.

We are walking holding hands. We just ignored the heaviness of our bags. I said to her that I should carry her bag but she insisted not to. She sways our hands while we walk. She has a huge smile on her face.

You can really know that she’s very happy. Every time she looks at me, she’s always smiling. I can’t help it but to smile ate her too. This is the happiest day of my life.

“Katherine,” I said.

She looks at me, curiously. Her stare is making me nervous. I don’t know why.

“What?” she asked.

“Uh, you look…beautiful,” I said. She smiles.

“Oh, stop it you,” she said then slaps me in the right arm.

“Ouch,” I said.

“Is this the one that got hit?” she asked.

“No, it’s the other one,” I answered.

“Then why did you say ‘ouch?’” she asked.

“Well, your slap is really hard. It can almost kill a person,” I said then laugh.

“Oh, very funny,” she said.

“Oh, c’mon, it’s just a joke,” I said.

“I know right,” she said.

She walks very fast. I almost run just to follow her. I think she’s mad. Real mad.

“Hey, wait up!” I shouted.

She just disappeared in the forest when she makes a turn. I stop at the turn then scratch my head. I can see a tall building nearby. I also see Katherine.

“Hey! Katherine!” I shouted.

As I about to follow her, I hear footsteps. It stopped me from following her. I look behind me but there was no one. I turn my back and follow her. I hear another footstep. I look around but there is no sign of anybody.

“Who’s there?” I asked.

I take out my gun. I hear another footstep. Now it startled me. I look around again.

“Katherine?” I asked.

I hear a gunshot and it hits me at the leg. I fell to the ground and screamed. I try to stand up. There’s another gunshot and it hits me at the back. I fell to the ground and vomit blood. I look at the shooter, he has a ragged hair, a blood stain in his uniform, a machine gun, he’s just plain scary.

“So, you have a lover’s quarrel?” he asked.

“What the?” I said. He smiles an evil smile.

“Say goodbye now,” he said.

I stand up and charge towards him. I punch him right in the face and he fell to the ground. I kick his organ and his face. He screamed. He punches my wound in the leg and I fall to the ground.

“Ah!” I screamed.

He stands up and points his gun. He smiles again. I stand up and kick his abdomen.

“Ugh,” he said.

I send him flying and he hit a tree. He barely stands up. I kick his face again. He falls to the ground. He vomits blood. I look around again to find Katherine. I turn my back to him.

G#3 – Cabrera P.O.V.

I saw the whole thing. Jed is really strong. He turns his back and look around. What is he looking for? I see the guy standing up. He’s a bit wobbly and he points his gun towards Jed.

“Oh no,” I muttered to myself.

I take out my sword and went out to the bush. I screamed. They both look at me. I plug my sword in his abdomen.

“You have to go through me first, asshole,” I said.

I slice the guy from his chest to his brain. His body falls to the ground beside me. He’s looking at me. He’s really surprised. I drop my sword and run towards him. He open his arms and I accept it. We hug each other.

“Sorry, I won’t do it ever again,” I said.

I can’t help myself, so I cry. He looks me at the face. We slowly put our faces together and kiss each other.

Boys #8 – Daniel

DEAD   2 students remaining

We pull off from our kiss. He gets his bag and went to the body. He take out his handgun. He looks at me and I look back.

“What is that for?” I asked.

“My gun doesn’t have any ammo. Just in case,” he answered.

I nodded. I went to his side and we walk together. He puts his arm in my shoulder and I lean my head to his body. I can hear his heartbeat. This makes me relax.

“What did you say when we’re at the seashore?” I asked.

“Do you really wanna know?” he asked.

“Of course,” I answered.

“Fine, this is what I had said,” he said.

He leans over to my face. He kisses me once again and I kiss him back. He pulls off and he went to my ear.

“I still love you,” he said.

I cry again and hug him tightly. He hugs me back. Why does it hurt so much? Why did I leave him in the first place? Why?