Chapter 14: Payback

• Dedicated to Jed Cabo

B#6 - Cabo P.O.V.

"Hey, sleepy head, wake up," said Katherine.

I open my eyes and I'm very surprised. The sun is shining brightly. The birds are already singing. I look at the two. They are both staring at me.

"Wow, he's really gorgeous," said Jhynyx.

"Hep, he's mine," Katherine said.

They both laugh. I get up and scratch my head.

"Is the broadcast done?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just updated it to you," Katherine said smiling.

"Is this place going to be a danger zone?" I asked.

"Well, yeah, let's get out of here," she said.

Now she looks very serious. We take our bags and head out. Katherine is taking the lead and I'm behind us. I realize that Jhynyx doesn't have any bags.

"Uhh..Jhynyx," I said. She look at me.

"What?" she asked.

"Where is your bag?" I asked.

"Oh, uh, I left it at our site," she answered.

"Oh, sorry," I said.

We just walk silently after that. We can see that the birds are flying from one branch to another. Man, I wish I was them. They don't have any worries.

"Ow," said Jhynyx.

Katherine and me look at Jhynyx. She's sitting on the ground, caressing her wound.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll catch up," she answered.

"You better hurry, remember, this'll be a danger zone," said Katherine.

"Okay," she replied.

Katherine continued to walk. I look back again at Jhynyx. She just wave her hand. I run towards Katherine's side.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked.

"Sure about what?" she asked.

"About leaving Jhynyx behind," I answered.

"Well, we should not think about her. We should think about ourselves," she replied.

"But you said this'll become a danger zone," I said.

"She's gonna be just fine," she said.

She looks at her wristwatch then her eyes went big. I look at her then she runs.

"Hey!" I shouted.

"C'mon Jed!" she shouted back.

I follow her. She stops on a mango tree. She looks at me. She's like afraid of something. I finally reach her.

"What's your problem?" I asked.

"You're just right on time," she said.

"What?" I asked.

"Ah!" someone screamed.

We see Jhynyx running. Her necklace is already ticking. 

"Hurry up!" I shouted.

She trips but manages to stand up. She trips again. This time she fell on the ground. She tries to stand up again.

"Ow!" she said.

"C'mon! You can do it!" I shouted at her.

She stands up and run towards us. She's just a few meters from us. Her necklace is about to blow.

"Just a few more," I said.

"Ah!" she screamed.

Her necklace exploded. Blood sprinkled from her neck. We stood in shock. I put down my bag and try to get her body. Katherine holds my arm.

"No, don't!" she said.

"I've got to save her!" I replied.

"She's dead, Jed!" she said.

"No she's not!" I said.

She slaps me in th face. I look at her. She's crying.

"I don't wanna lose you again," she said.

"I'm sorry," I said.

I pick up my bag and walk again. She follows me.

Girls #25 - Santos

DEAD  7 students remaining 

B#8 - Daniel P.O.V.

I saw a dead body l lately. He has a cut on his head. He's already pale. What could've killed him? I hear footsteps nearby. I ready my machine gun.

"Who's there?" I asked.

There is a fast wind coming at me. Something hit a tree. I look over it and see a shuriken. I look at where it came from and there's another shuriken. It hits me in my right leg. I fell to the ground.

"Ah!" I groaned.

 Someone went out of the bushes. He's holding out a shuriken.

"Looks like I got lucky again," he said.

"Who the f*ck are you talking to?" I asked.

"Shut up," he said.

He throws his shuriken and it hits my left arm. I groaned. He's coming closer and closer to me. I point my gun towards him then shoots.

I'm very surprised that he has avoided all my bullets, not to mention my machine gun.

"You think you can kill me?" he asked.

"Of course! Everyone will die, asshole," I said.

He throws again another shuriken and it hits the ground just a few inches from my face. I stand up and shoot. I follow him around and still I can't get him.

"Just be still, d*ck!" I muttered.

He throws again another shuriken and it hits me at the right arm.

"Ah!" I screamed.

He throws again another shuriken and successfully avoided it. I shoot him again. I shot him in the leg. He fell to the ground and looks at me.

"It's payback time," I said.

I shoot him in the head. His head has many holes.

Boys #12 - Fajardo

DEAD  6 students remaining

G#20 - Jones P.O.V.

I hum as I walk down the path. The birds are very happy for this new day. Day two is here, and I think this day will be very bloody and all. I hear footsteps to my left. I look where it came from and ignored it.

"Surprise!" Arjay said when he stepped out of a tree.

"What the?" I said.

He's holding out a sickle and a gun. I look at him nervously. He points his gun towards me. I run away and he shoots. Luckily, he missed.

"Hey, where are you going?" he asked.

I keep running and as I look behind, he's there following me.

"This is no good," I said to myself.

He shoots again and I got hit at the back. I fell to the ground. I groaned. I look behind and see him coming closer. I try to crawl. He step on my skirt. I look at him. He's pointing his gun in me.

"Goodnight," he said then smiles. He pulled the trigger.

Girls #20 - Jones

DEAD   5 students remaining