Chapter 5: And It Begins

B#6 - Cabo P.O.V.

"Hey, Angelica, stop crying now," I tried to cheer her up. It's not working.

"How could I stop crying? I just saw a dead person's body," she said then cries again.

I tried to think up a good idea to cheer her up. We are now in the battlefield. The cool breeze gives me the chill. The moonlight gives us a dim view of the field. The leaves of the trees gives a scary sound due to the air. I felt Angelica's hold on my right arm. I looked at her and saw that she's afraid. Of course she is!

"Tell you what, I'm going to protect you no matter what. Okay?" I said.

After I've said that, her face suddenly brightens. She gives me a smile and hugged me. I hugged her back. It made me a bit braver than earlier. I take a deep breath.

"Let's get moving, shall we?" I said.

We walked around the building, holding hands. As we turned, we saw a body, a girl's body. I heard Angelica gasped. She held me tighter in the arm.

"Let's look who it is," I said. She nodded.

We slowly approached the body. We saw that it has no head. Blood keeps oozing out of it's neck. I looked at it's side and saw it's head. It was Queenie. Her expression is very scared. Looks like she begged before she was killed. I felt sorry for her.

"N-No," Angelica said.

"This is dangerous. They are playing," I muttered to myself.

I dragged Angelica and we ran into the forest. I know it's much more dangerous in here but there are places where we can hide. Plus, we are the sixth pair to come out of the school so we can take an advantage on hiding.

"Hey! Please! Stop now!" Angelica shouted. We stopped running.

"Sorry about that," I apologized.

"It's okay," she said. "Where are we going now?" she asked.

I dropped my bag, opened it and looked for the map and flashlight.

"Jed, what are you doing?" Angelica asked.

"Wait. Ow!" I said.

I took out my hand inside the bag and saw a cut on my pointing finger. I inserted my hand again in the bag. I took out that sharp thing. It's a dart. My weapon's a dart.

"Is that your weapon?" Angelica asked.

"Think so," I answered.

She dropped her bag and started to dig her bag. She took out a long stick with something attached on the top. She looked at it very seriously.