Chapter 6

After a few days of rest and physical therapy, Barry was back on his feet with a cane. Joe and I helped him into the cortex as he tried to take a few steps on his own and we followed closely behind.

"Alright, I got you," Joe told him.

He took a few more steps before falling forward as I grabbed his arm helping him into Wells' old wheelchair.

"I can't do it right now, alright?" He sighed.

"We've been making so much progress," Joe answered.

"Yep, six whole steps," Barry said sarcastically, "Someone get me a bozo button."

"Hey, give yourself some credit. You just broke your back," Cisco answered.

"Yeah, a normal person would've been paralyzed the rest of his life," Iris added.

"How long until I'm fully healed?" He asked.

"The initial MRI I took a week ago showed a complete dislocation at the T12-L1 interspace of the thoracolumbar junction," Caitlin pulled up an xray on the monitor, "But this is the MRI I took this morning. It's remarkable, but you're almost completely healed."

"I'm still having trouble breathing," Barry added.

"That's totally normal with a spinal injury. It should clear up soon," she answered as Barry turned towards his Flash suit.

"We're going to get you back in that suit, Barry," Joe promised him, "Real quick, trust me."

"What are we gonna do about Zoom?" He asked.

"No sign of him since Cisco nailed him with that tranq dart," Joe answered.

"And I haven't vibed since then," Cisco added.

"Maybe Zoom's not coming back," Iris suggested.

"I highly doubt that," Harry said walking into the cortex putting on a backpack, "Which is why I'm gonna go do something about it."

"What do you mean, go do something about it?" I asked.

"I need access to your breach room and your speed canon," he answered.

"Why's that?" Barry asked.

"Because, Barry, it's time to go home," he sighed.

"So, you show up on our Earth, you screw everything up, and now you want to go home?" Joe asked, "Sounds very familiar."

"Again, that wasn't me," Harry turned to Joe, "I need to go take care of Zoom once and for all before anyone else gets killed."

"How do you plan on doing that?" Barry asked him.

"I'll think of something. Ramon, if you'll escort me to the speed canon," he offered.

"No, no, you can't go through the breach," Caitlin said standing up.

"Yeah, he can. Jay taught us how to send people," Cisco shrugged.

"That's not what I mean. Look, if you can figure out how to stop Zoom on your earth, you can figure out how to do it here," she answered, "We need you to stay here until we defeat Zoom, Dr. Wells."

"What I need, Dr. Snow, is to return home," Harry took a step towards her, "And I'm going to do that with or without your assistance." He left leaving us behind.

"What are you doing? If Harry wants to go, bye," Cisco sighed.

"Look, like it or not, Cisco, we need his help," Caitlin answered.

"I'm not sure another plan from Wells is what we need," Joe added holding Barry's cane behind his back.

"Yeah, I mean, the last bright idea he had nearly got Barry killed," I nodded.