Chapter 8

"Hello Sadie," Malcolm grinned before I bolted out of there.

I left the lair walking out on the streets trying to be anywhere but there. I knew my dad was alive I just didn't expect him to want to see me or see him so soon. My mind was racing and I didn't know where to go. There was a bench on the side of the street under a street light. I sat down putting my head in my hands as I tried to grasp everything that was happening. Why are you freaking out? You knew he was alive. I guess I was just surprised that it was actually true as well. A burst of air blew past me and an arm was rubbing my back.

"Sade?" Barry asked leaning forward trying to look at me, "Are you okay?"

I sat up as tears started to fall freely down my face and shook my head.

"Did you know your dad was alive?" He asked.

I nodded between gasps of breath, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"Oh, Sadie. It's okay," Barry said engulfing me in a hug as I held tightly onto him, "What were you going to say? Oh yeah, my dead father isn't actually dead by the way?"

I laughed at his sarcasm pulling away from him, "I just didn't expect to see him so soon."

"How could you? He looks like the devil ninja," Barry brushed few strands away from my face.

I laughed again as we sat in silence. What else could we say? Cisco called us a little while later.

"What's up?" Barry asked, "Okay, we'll be right there. Kendra was kidnapped by another bird person."

"What?" I asked confused.

"This is our life now," Barry shrugged before picking me up and running back to the lair and suited up. Everyone else was already gone and I hopped on one of Ollie's bikes riding into the city looking for any sign of Kendra.

"Guys, did you find anything?" Barry asked over coms to Cisco and Felicity.

"I got them! 57th Street tower," Felicity said a few minutes later as we all headed in that direction.

"I'm right near there," Oliver answered, "I got eyes on him."

"Barry, change of venue," Cisco said, "Birdman and Oliver are at 54th and Motor now. Hurry!"

"On my way!" Barry yelled.

I got to the intersection as Barry caught the birdman in the gust of wind he was making with his arms. Oliver shot him as he fell to the ground and Barry started running circles around him. I joined Oliver as we watched but the birdman got free from the ropes but Barry hit him with a lighting bolt as the bird man fell unconscious.

"Well that's new," Oliver said as we walked up to Barry.

"Yep, comes in handy," Barry chuckled.

I hopped on my bike as Barry ran the birdman to the lair.

Oliver grabbed my arm, "Sadie, your father..."

"I'll be fine," I sighed, "This was going to have to happen sooner or later. I would have preferred later but that's fine. I'll be fine." Ollie nodded before letting me go and I rode back to the lair where everyone was waiting for the birdman to wake up. Malcolm was nowhere to be found which was completely okay with me. Once the birdman woke up he struggled in his chains groaning.

"Where is she?" He asked for Kendra.

"What's your name?" Oliver asked him.

"You're putting her in danger, and I'm the only one capable of saving her," he ignored his question.