Chapter 16

When I woke up next I wasn't in nearly as much pain as I was when I had been awake before. My arm and leg were in a cast and I could feel bandages wrapped around my torso.

"You're awake," Iris smiled, "You've been out for a few days."

I looked over her shoulder to find the team in the cortex talking with Dr. McGee.

"There was a meta at Mercury Labs," Iris followed my gaze, "Took down the entire building."

Harry's daughter walked into the room, "How are you doing?" She asked.

"Sadie, this is Harry's daughter, Jesse," Iris introduced us.

"You gave us a real scare there for awhile," she said, "But you're safe here away from Zoom."

As she said his name my heart lurched as I thought back to what he had done to me.

"Sadie, you okay?" Iris asked nothing the change in my heart monitor as it quickened.

"Iris, will you give us a minute?" Jesse asked and she nodded leaving the room, "I'm sorry that you had to endure through Zoom's pain."

"It's okay," I managed to croak out starting to calm down.

"He barely touched me but I saw what he did to the others while I was in his lair," she said sitting on the edge of my bed, "You're really brave and strong."

"Thanks Jesse," I smiled at her.

"Just know that it will get better. I don't see him as much as I used to when I first got back here," she told me.

I looked over as everyone talked with Barry before he left the cortex.

"Everyone's kinda worried about Barry though. He's been very...optimistic about this whole situation and that the Speed Force is on our side so we can beat Zoom," she laughed.

"I think one of us needs to be a little bit positive to keep everyone in spirits," I whispered and she nodded understanding. Jesse offered to help me change out of the hospital gown and into some joggers and a Star Labs sweatshirt before I laid back down making sure I didn't bump any of my IV's when Henry came back in.

"I worry about that kid sometimes," he shook his head making sure everything was in order when the alarms went off and they both rushed out leaving me alone. I watched as Barry came back into the cortex and they all gathered around the tv.

"What is that?" Barry asked them

"It's CCPD," Cisco answered, "Zoom."

"Barry, don't do it," Henry warned him but he was gone again.

Everyone sighed as they tried to figure out what to do while I sat by myself just watching everyone rush around. The news showed CCPD with a giant lightning bolt made of flames on the side of the building then they cut to another building crumbling to the ground. Jesse came to sit with me again and keep me company while they were all busy. Barry was back a little while later saying we couldn't let it happen again.

"We need to take him down. Now," he answered.

"And how do you propose we do that with an army of meta-humans laying waste to Central City?" Harry asked him. "We couldn't stop Zoom on my Earth. What makes us different?"

"We're a team. We start with the meta-humans, they're his armor. We take them down first, then Zoom's more vulnerable," Barry answered.

"Barry, we don't even know how many of his minions there are," Caitlin took a step forward.

"There could be hundreds, a thousand," Iris added.

"And all of them, they're all working with different powers," Cisco nodded.