Chapter 9

A reminder that Barry goes back in time so some of this chapter is a repeat.

"Boys," Thea rolled her eyes as we went back to work. Diggle, Laurel and Thea left to go check out Argus for anymore files while the rest of us waited for Oliver and Barry to come back.

"24 hours," Oliver said walking into the kitchen.

Barry walked up beside me, "Can we talk?"

I sighed, "Yep."

He took me out the front of the house and to the driveway.

"What the hell was that?" I started but before I could finish Barry grabbed me and kissed me which made me forget for a second that I was mad at him. "Barry," I tried to get away, "Barry, get off," I phased through his arms.

"I'm sorry, I didn't let you go," Barry rambled, "I'm just worried about you whenever I leave you or we go out in the field and I know I shouldn't worry about the future so I'm not going to anymore."

"Um, okay?" I said taken back by his words.

"I also want you to know that your dad truly cares about you," he said.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Well when we met with Savage he said we had 24 hours to hand over Kendra and Carter or he'll blow up all of Central City, which he can do," Barry explained, "Malcolm was all against us fighting Savage. He threatened Oliver that if his stubbornness gets his daughters killed he's going to come after him." 

"Really?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, I just wanted you to know that he does care for you and that though you may not like him, he won't let you down," Barry said putting a hand on my arm but this time I didn't shake it off.

"What's with this sudden change in heart, Barry?" I asked.

"I just wanted you to know just in case something happens," he answered and I nodded.

"Thank you for telling me the truth," I reached for his hand and squeezed it and Barry grinned we walked hand in hand back to the house and found everyone working trying to find a way to stop Savage.

"Oliver, you were right," Cisco walked in with Kendra behind us, "I don't know how you knew, but you were right."

Everyone turned to him as he walked up to Oliver.

"The gauntlets won't work, they're missing a critical element," he said as we joined the group.

"How do you know?" Diggle asked him.

"Because I remembered," Kendra answered, "I remember how Savage killed us the first time, back in Egypt."

"I've never been able to remember our first death," Carter told her.

"Well, these sky rocks...meteors, they fell and they completely destroyed the royal palace," she went on.

"During the Middle Kingdom, Egypt experienced a high level of meteorite activity," Felicity added as we looked at her, "I know stuff," she shrugged.

"Which is one of the many reasons we love you so much, but also doesn't seem to help us stop Savage," Laurel told her calmly.

"It's the calamity Professor Boardman was referencing," Kendra answered, "The meteors, they had a glow about them. And Savage's staff had two gemstones with the exact same glow."

"Yeah, the gemstones might be made up of the same element as the meteorite," Barry suggested.

"The Egyptians would use meteorite in their craftsmanship," Felicity said running to her computer, "And the minerals glow in proximity to each other."