Chapter 15

Everything went dark suddenly and I could hear a faint ringing then came the pain again as my body went numb. Then the air flew into my lungs and I gasped opening my eyes.

"Oh thank god."

I looked around and found I was lying on the ground in Barry's lab at CCPD. Caitlin held my head in her lap as she pressed a wet towel to my face.

"What happened?" I groaned trying to sit up but she pushed me back down.

"I wouldn't move if I were you. It could get really painful," she told me.

"It already is," I sighed.

"Zoom, he hit you, really hard. It's all my fault, I shouldn't have put your life in danger," she answered dabbing the towel on my head, "I thought you were dead, for the longest time, but you were still breathing and then you got a fever."

"Caitlin, this isn't your fault, I did it at my own free will," I grunted, "How long have I been out?"

"Almost a day and a half. I was starting to get really worried but Zoom won't let me take you to the hospital," she answered.

"It's okay, Barry's coming for us," I informed her.

"How do you know?" She asked.

"I saw him, while I was asleep, I was put into the Speed Force. I know it's far fetched but I'll tell you later when it doesn't hurt to breathe," I sighed when I heard footsteps.

"Cait, please," Jay's voice walked behind us.

"I asked you not to call me that," she shot back.

"Oh good, you're awake," he looked at me and I turned away from him,

"Caitlin, we've been through this again and again, and we've gotten nowhere," he sighed leaning down beside us, "Now, I need to know...are you with me, or are you against me? Don't answer that yet. I'm gonna go out there, spend a moment speaking to my friends, and when I come back, you'll give me your answer. If you're here, I'll know you've chosen to stay with me. But if you're not here, I'll know you've chosen your friends instead." He got up and turned towards the door. "And I will show you exactly as much mercy as I will show them when we next see each other. So there you have it. I need to go."

Jay unlocked my cuffs and left the room and I looked at Caitlin, "We have to get out of here."

"My brothers and sisters, my friends, I've brought us to this new world which lay before us, defenseless, ours for the the taking. The humans think that this planet belongs to them. Whose world is this?" Zoom yelled in the precinct.

"Our world," a bunch of people started chanting.

"Caitlin, please. We have to go," I pleaded she looked down at me before nodding and getting up. She reached down and tried to help me up with my one good arm but it was impossible to stand with my leg broken and something definitely was wrong with my ribs. Caitlin grunted trying to hold me up but it was not going to work, "Just leave me here," I sighed as the pain was too unbearable.

"No, I'm going to get you out of here like I said. I'm going to get you back to Barry," she fought back, "Come on."

We slowly made our way out of Barry's lab and towards the stairwell, "Caitlin, we're on the third story. I'm not going to make it."

"Not with that attitude," she shook her head pushing the door open to the stairwell as we started our descend.

I had to take a break after almost every flight but we slowly made it down. We went out the exit and found parts of the city in flames as we heard shouts through the streets as Zoom's army took over.