Chapter 17

I had loved Barry from the first time that I had met him. It wasn't until our first Christmas that I realized that I did. Everything we did was out of love, how neither of us told each other about our superhero identities to keep the other safe, to battling against the metas together. Even when I had left Central City because I wanted to save Barry from heartbreak. We all did it out of love and to know that he was mine for the rest of my life made me even happier. Barry Allen is the love of my life no matter how long it was going to be. We both loved each other enough to forget about anything that could tear us apart because that was true love.

Henry came over the next day to check on me while Barry finished up CCPD work.

"So how's my daughter-in-law doing?" He asked walking in the door.

"I'm good," I nodded as he sat beside me.

"I was wondering how long it was going to take for him to ask you," he smiled.

"How long have you known?" I asked as he reached for my hand to examine the ring.

"Since he decided it was what he wanted to do. It's his mother's ring, you know. A little while after he got back from the Speed Force he asked me if I still had it," Henry informed me.

"Yes, he told me it was hers," I nodded, "It's absolutely beautiful."

"And I know you'll cherish it," he grinned giving me a tight hug, "Now you're truly apart of the family."

"Thank you so much, Henry," I sighed as we still held on, "For everything."

He left a little while later saying that my health had definitely improved. Barry came home a little while later.

"Hey, Joe invited us over to his house for dinner. Would you want to go?" He asked.

"Maybe for a little while," I nodded, "I could be up for some partying."

Barry rolled his eyes before helping me into our bedroom so I could pick out something to wear. I found a long lilac colored dress that would help cover up my boot since my injuries weren't the prettiest sight. I sat on the ground in front of my full mirror since it was too much work to walk to the bathroom and started on my make-up when Barry almost hit me with the door on his way in. "I'm right here!" I shouted and he jumped.

"What are you doing on the floor?" He asked.

"I'm putting on my make up," I sighed going back to putting on my mascara, "I couldn't make it to the bathroom."

"What am I going to do with you?" He shook his head going into the closet to change.

"Love me," I called after him, "You put a ring on it so you're stuck with me."

Barry chuckled and I cleaned up the rest of my make up and put it away. I slowly got to my feet and sat on the bed as Barry walked out in a dress shirt and dress pants.

"How do I look?" He asked spinning around and I whistled.

"Very handsome," I smiled as he leaned down to peck me on the lips.

"Hurry up, I'm going to call my dad and tell him we'll be there to pick him up soon," he said.

"Are we gonna take my car?" I asked.

"If that's alright," he answered and I nodded.

Barry left and I stripped out of the clothes I had been wearing the past day or two and slipped on my dress tying it behind my neck. I curled my hair on the ends before putting it up half up half down. As I finished I looked at myself in the mirror making sure everything looked good. Barry walked in snaking his arms around my waist as I placed my hands on his.