Chapter 18

Caitlin, Jesse, Iris and I were stationed in the trailer once we were at the industrial park.

"In position," Harry said over coms.

"Copy that. We got you," Jesse told him.

"Okay. Snow, you ready?" He asked.

"As ready as I can be," she sighed.

"Cisco. Cisco, you good?" Joe asked him as they were stationed all over the park.

"Define good," he answered.

"Ramon. You're gonna be great," Harry told him, "Snow. When you're ready."

"Okay," she answered.

"You got this," Iris encouraged her.

"Here we go," she nodded going to her place. She walked out into the park, "Jay? Jay!" She called.

We watched on the security cameras as he flashed in front of her.

"How did you find me?" He asked her.

"Dr. McGee said the magnetar was stolen from her labs. I knew that it had to be you, so I tracked you here," she told him, "I tracked you here, Jay. No one else knows."

"I told you, if you left me..." He started.

"That if I betrayed you, you'd show me no mercy, I know. But I just want to explain why I did that," she finished, "Please, Jay."

"Talk," he ordered.

"Good job, girl," Iris nodded beside me, "Now draw him towards you."

"I made a mistake. I am so sorry that I abandoned you," she apologized taking a few steps towards him, "But you have to understand, what you said to me...that there was a dark side of me. That was more like Killer Frost than I knew I didn't want to accept that. I tried to lock the darkness inside of me. But you knew that that was already a part of me now. And you're the only one who did. And now, I'm ready to accept who I really am."

She was now a few feet away from him.

"Cisco, get ready," Joe ordered.

"I am so sorry that I hurt you. But now I want to be the one that only you know. Please, Jay," Caitlin pleaded, "Let me try."

"One more step," Joe said softly.

"I knew you'd eventually come around, Caitlin," Jay told her sighing, "But it's too late."

He reached for her chest to kill her but it went through the hologram. Joe shot the boot on Jay around his neck.

"Now, Ramon!" Harry ordered as Cisco opened a breach behind him.

Joe's gun jammed so he ran at Jay stabbing the tranquilizers into his neck.

"He's walking in," Jesse gasped.

Harry shot at Jay shooting him but he grabbed Joe pulling him into the breach.

"Dad!" Iris screamed but Joe was gone, "What do we do?"

"We need to get out of here, quickly," Harry ordered, "Before Zoom comes back."

Cisco and Harry met us at the trailer before we drove back to Star Labs. Cisco tried to vibe where Joe was but couldn't find anything.

"Did you see my dad?" Iris asked him.

"No, the vibe keeps changing," Cisco sighed, "It's like my brain is channel surfing or something."

"They must be on the move. That's why the vibe's in flux. Keep trying," Caitlin suggested as Harry and Jesse walked in, "Hey, did you turn off the magnetar?"