CHAPTER 7

Crab is the biggest gang in Countyville. It has many members but most of them are in prison now. Serena was the reason of the imprisonment of many members of the gang. The gang was led by a guy called Sam Fletcher. They always meet at his house, he was a strong man but he was young, he was only 30 years old. The previous leader was 50 but he died.

A boy of about 20 years old was running in the street until he reached Sam's house, he knocked hard on the door, a man of about 40 years old opened the door "What's wrong Ron?" he muttered, "Why are you knocking as if your life depends on it?"

Ron shoved him aside and entered "I have big news, Loby, Where are the others?"

Loby ushered Ron to a room where four men were sitting on the floor playing cards. The four men were Sam, Daniel, Arty and Charley.

"You guys are playing cards when the town is turned upside down"

"What's wrong, Ron?" Arty said while playing with the others

"Serena is caught"

Daniel dropped his cards and shouted "What? When? How?"

Sam smirked, "Why do you care so much, Daniel?"

"Huh... no... It's just...it's just that she was always picking on us for being criminals but now she is the one who committed a crime"

"And not any crime," Ron said "She is accused of murder"

Now everyone was staring at Ron with disbelief "A murder" Sam murmured

"Yeah, the murder of Charlos Schwann"

"That can't be right," Loby said "murder is too much, drugs or even stealing could be possible but murder" he shook his head "That's impossible"

"Nothing is impossible," Sam said "Anyone has a breaking point and it looks that Charlos went there but sadly never returned" he laughed "I won't miss him"

"Neither will I," Ron said, "I hated him, he always made fun of me"

"He made fun of everyone," Charley said, "No one loved him and no one will miss him"

"What's wrong, Daniel?" Sam asked, "Are you still shocked?"

"It's impossible," Daniel said, "She can't kill anyone"

"Well, time will show us the truth," he said "Now, whose turn was it?"

_______________________________

A few hours had passed before Martin came back to the station. Everything came back to normal. Rick was very busy with some papers.

"What are you doing?" Martin said going to his office.

"Since you won't help your childhood friend, I will," he said not looking away from the papers.

"I told you, you can't help her," he said looking at his hands "That's the lawyer's job"

"And where is that lawyer?" Rick shouted, "Did you call him? No. Did her father call him? No."

They could feel everyone's eyes on them but Rick didn't care "Since you are acting as if everything is ok, I will help her"

Rick returned to the papers, Martin returned back to stare at his fingers and everyone returned to their jobs.

Ten minutes have passed before Martin spoke again "Why do you care so much?"

Rick thought for a while "I know how it feels to be accused of something that you didn't do"

Martin wanted to ask more but he felt that it was too personal.