CHAPTER 9

She was trapped. She was innocent but she was trapped. She wanted to cry, she wanted to die. She imagined all bad things happening to her, but prison, that's too much. She was sitting in one of the cells on a chair, resting her head on one of the walls.

Her father always told her to hide her feelings, so she decided to smile instead of crying. When that didn't work out, she decided to sing, she tried to remember a happy song but the only song that she remembered was Believer for Imagine Dragons.

So she sang it.

"Did I ever tell you that you have a beautiful voice?"

She opened her eyes and looked in front of her to find Martin smiling. She closed her eyes and returned to her previous position.

"You always say whatever people say"

"What does that suppose to mean?"

"People say that I have a beautiful voice you say that I have a beautiful voice, people say that I am beautiful you say that I am beautiful, people say that I am a murderer..."

She looks at him "You say that I am a murderer"

He narrowed his eyes "what does that suppose to mean?"

"That you are a parrot"

"Serena, I..."

"No, no, sorry" she stood up and went to him "you are not a parrot, you are a man who only believes in evidence"

"Serena..."

She tried to imitate his voice "you only believe in what you see, you don't think, the truth is what you see and nothing else or am I wrong?"

"It wasn't only me, your father also..."

"My father, not you"

"I never understood you," he said angrily "why do you think that he is so bad?"

She stared at him and laughed, she laughed very hard, it was a weird, strong one.

"Why do I think that he is bad?" She said between her laughs "When I cried was he with me? No. When I graduated, was he with me? No. When I was convicted of murder, does he stand next to me? No." She was at the edge of crying now "instead he slapped me in front of everyone"

He stared at her for a while, tears gathered in his eyes now.

"But you, you are different" she said in a whisper "you were always with me, in my happy days and in my sad ones, you always stood for me, you were my first date and you were..." She stopped and looked straight in his eyes "and you were my first kiss"

His tears weren't hiding anymore, he was crying freely and she, she wasn't better than him.

"When we decided that we are not good for each other, we became friends. You were my back and my helping hand, I loved you with all my heart, I always thought that you will stay with me no matter what" she looked at him again "but when I really wanted you, you weren't with me instead the new guy who I only met for a few hours stood by me and believed me"

Before another word was spoken, Ryan entered "does it take that long to tell a girl that she is innocent?"

When he noticed that they were crying he made a strange voice with his mouth "bad timing"

They both wiped their tears with the back of their hands. Then Serena recalled what Ryan said.

"Did you just say that I was innocent?"

"Yeah" he replied smiling "We have the evidence that you weren't the one who killed Carlos"

She smiled "so, I am free to go"

"Yeah," Ryan said taking the keys from Martin's hands and opening the cell's door. Ryan bowed "Your highness"

Serena blinked for a few times and then smiled. She ran out of the cell and after Ryan closed the door, she hugged him tightly.

"OK, OK, I get it, I am amazing," he said

They both laughed and then she ran out of prison.

Once she was out, she found two arms wrapping around her neck, they stayed like that for a while and then Serena felt that she couldn't breathe.

"Christy"

"Mmm"

"I can't breathe"

She broke away, after a second they started laughing

"How did you know that I was Christy?"

"No one will ever hug me this hard except you" she shrugged

She turned away to find Jo and Andy standing, she hugged them both at once "Welcome back, Sue" they both said in unison.

After they broke off, she hugged Chris and Bill and then stood looking at all of her friends

"Anyone care to share the story of why am I out of prison?"

"Can I do that?"

She looked behind her to find Rick smiling at her

"Be my guest," she said with a smile.

Flashback

2 Days Ago (One Day Before The Murder)

Carlos Schwann was drinking at his house as always when he heard a knock at the door. He went to the door and opened it to find his brother, Gonzalez.

"Brotheeer" Carlos said opening his arms to hug him

"You smell like garbage," Gonzalez said while entering his brother's house.

Carlos rolled his eyes and closed the door "miss you too, brother"

Once they were both seated, Carlos filled two glasses and drank his in one shot.

"Let's get to the point," Gonzalez said taking a sip of his drink, "I want my money"

Carlos narrowed his eyes at his brother "what money?"

"What money? The money that WE stole from Mr. Donald"

Carlos filled his glass again and laughed very hard "Forget it, mi amigo"

"What do you mean by that?"

He drank his glass and filled another "that means that you should forget the money"

He stared at his brother "I helped you with all the arrangements, I did almost all the work and then you tell me that I will get nothing"

"Exactamente"

He looked at his brother with hatred and threw his glass at his brother.

"What the hell, man"

Gonzalez rushed at the door and slammed it behind him "You will pay for this," he thought

" I swear that I will make you pay"

_______________________________

"The next day he called his brother and told him that he needed to meet him at the forest as the police had found evidence against them, so Carlos went and well, never came back"

"They killed each other for money," Serena whispered while staring at the floor

"The world is turning to a dark place," Jo said.

"Well at least we will face it with each other," Ryan said.

"Aren't you deep?" Serena said with a smirk then she messed his hair

"Not cool, how many times did I tell you not to touch my hair?" Ryan whined.

Everyone laughed at the look of them.

From this heaven two people were missing, Martin who was still sitting in prison filled with regret at what he did and Nessa who only God knows where she is.

Author's Note: Hey Guys, Sorry For The Delay But I Was So Busy The Last Few Days. my Exams Are Coming Soon So The Next Update Will Have To Be Delayed Until I Finish Them Which Will Be After Two Weeks :( :( But I Promise That I Will Make It Up To You After My Exams. Kisses And Hugs For All Of You