CHAPTER 16

Author's Note: SURPRIIISE!!!! SINCE I HAVEN'T POSTED FOR A WHILE I DECIDED TO MAKE IT UP YOU BY POSTING TWO CHAPTERS. I HOPE THAT I AM FORGIVEN.

Serena's conversation with her father made her so much better. She woke up fresh as a daisy, took a shower, got dressed and ran to Martin's home.

Martin who had a routine. He would wake up, brush his teeth, change, eat a bowl of cereal and then go to work.

But today that didn't happen. Today he didn't even sleep in his bed, he slept on the couch.

He used to wake up on his own. But today he woke up because of the doorbell.

He stood up, stretched and then went to the door with half closed eyes.

"You are a mess"

He left the door open and then entered and Serena entered after him.

"It looks like I don't need me either"

"Come on, Martin. I am sorry," Serena said "I expressed what I wanted in a wrong way, please forgive me"

"And what did you want to say, exactly?"

"I don't need you to fight for me anymore, Martin" she continued, "I don't want you to get punched because of me anymore"

"So you want me to sit down and listen to them calling you a jinx and shut up"

"Aren't I??"

"We discussed this before, Serena"

"Four, four people are gone because of me"

"It's not because of you" he interrupted.

"The four of them were my friends, the four of them asked me out and the four of them disappeared the following day" she continued angrily, "Coincidence... I don't think so"

He sighed, "What does that have to do with you? You mean to say that someone has a crush on you and kidnap them"

"I seriously don't know"

"You are complicating things," he continued "maybe they went back home"

She narrowed her eyes "You know that they didn't, we called and there was no trace of them"

"Well, you said that you won't get near the new guy, so if he disappears that means you are innocent"

"You are acting as if I was flirting with the previous detectives"

"No" he answered quickly "but you were their friend"

They were silent for a while, "you refused them when they asked you out, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

He hesitated for a while, "Because, maybe they committed suicide"

She frowned, "You are crazy, right?"

"Why not?" He said easily, "maybe they had a lot of problems and your refusal added another problem"

Silence.

"Oooor, maybe they went to another country or city to stay away from you, you know, to remove the awkwardness"

"Weren't you listening?" She said angrily "I told you that none of them traveled out of here"

"Who knows?"

She stared at him. She was scared that what he said was true and something bad happened to their ex-friends.

"Go and change," she said trying to change the topic, "we are already late"

"I didn't say that I forgive you by the way"