CHAPTER 19

Author's Note: SURPRIIIISE. This Is My Treat for you Since GONE Has Reached 1K Reads. Yes, You Read Right, GONE Reached 1K Reads And It Is Because Of You My Amazing Readers. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING. And Don't Forget to Like And Comment.

Serena was devastated. She thinks people were calling her but she didn't care. She just wanted to go home, sit on her bed, listen to nonstop music and forget everything.

Once she arrived, her father met her.

"Serena, are you OK?"

She didn't answer but went straight to her bedroom and closed the door.

Her father knocked on the door, "Serena, are you OK? Can we talk?"

"No, dad. I am not OK and we can't talk just leave me alone, please"

And as if he was deaf, he opened the door, sat on the bed and hugged his daughter who hugged him back and let a tear or two fall from her eyes.

He broke the hug and looked at her, "So, what happened?"

"Christy and Sam happened"

He frowned, "Isn't that the boy from Crab? Listen, Serena, I want you away from those boys"

She sighed, "Too late, dad. I am going on a date with Sam tomorrow"

He tightened his grip on her shoulder "What?"

"Dad, my shoulders, you are hurting me"

He left her shoulders and she told him her story.

"Serena, you are not five. Just don't go"

She shook her head, "I can't. I never ran from a dare before plus I already told him and we arranged it"

He smoothed her hair, "Serena, I don't want you near them"

"Don't worry, dad. I know how to put a limit between us. He won't touch me. I promise"

They hugged and then Mr. Walker entered, "did I hear my baby cry?"

When he saw them like that he smiled, "of course when the father appears the grandfather is thrown away"

"Of course not" and she went to him and took him for a hug "You are the best"

Then, the three of them went downstairs and had a family night that they never had before in Countyville.

_______________________________

"What should I do? What should I do? What should I do?"

Rick was going up and down his house trying to find a solution.

"I got it! I should check their CVs and see if they have anything else in common"

He wore his jacket went for the door but froze "how will l do all of this work alone? I won't tell her to help me of course. I got it, I will tell Martin"

Then a voice at the back of his head spoke "Yeah right, go to the only one who despises you in town"

"Why is it so hard to do something good?" He thought. He kept his hand on the doorknob then it hit him "Ryan, he is the only one who could help"

He opened the door, went through the forest but then remembered that he has no idea how to get to his house. He went to an old man and asked him how to go to his house and to Rick's amusement, the man helped him. He went to his house and knocked on the door and Ryan opened.

"Rick?"

"Hey man, I need your help"

"Sure, what's up?"

"I want you to come with me to the office"

Ryan frowned, "why?"

Rick sighed, "I want you to prove Serena's innocence with me"

"Did she kill someone else?"

"I meant from the jinx thing, you idiot"

Ryan raised an eyebrow, "You want me the one who created the jinx theory to prove that my theory is wrong"

When Rick felt that he was going to lose Ryan's attention an idea came to him, "Or prove that it's right"

Ryan frowned, "How is that?"

"If I failed to prove her innocence," Rick explained, "that means that she is guilty and that your theory is right"

Ryan started tilting his head and then wore his jacket and said cheerfully, "Let's prove Serena's a jinx"

If Rick weren't cold blooded, he would have punched Ryan.

"So Detective, what should we do now?"

"We will go to the office and search in the detectives' files and see if there is anything that could help us in our investigation"

"Sounds good enough"

And with that, they went to the station to find the truth behind Serena

_______________________________

He was sitting on his Comfy chair smoking his cigarette. He was just going to stand when he felt a gun pressed to the back of his head.

"One more step and you are dead," the killer said.

"I was wondering when you will come"

"Don't play smart with me or you will be sorry"

"I am already dead. I should have believed the boys when they told me that you are going to kill me"

His eyes widened, "what do you mean the boys?!"

Smith smirked, "you thought that I won't tell anyone"

"Who else knows?"

He tilted his head, "some people"

The killer pressed the gun harder to his head, "TELL ME WHO ELSE KNOWS?"

Smith smirked again, "so you could kill me. No, thank you. I am already dead so let's spare my friends"

"Why don't we make a bargain?" He said, "You tell me who your friends are, I won't kill you"

Smith laughed manically, "Do you think that I am an idiot? For your information I am so much smarter than Mark" he smiled, "and I could prove it"

He took a knife from his pocket and hit the killer's hand, the killer gave a shout of pain but before Smith could make another move, he was shot in the head.

The killer held his hand and started shouting it was hurting him so much. He looked at Smith's body and cursed him under his breath.

"Who did you tell, you little moron?" The killer thought, "He said that he wants to spare his friend's head but who is that friend?"

He started gritting his teeth and started thinking about Smith's closest friend after Mark and the one who he could think of was Josh but what if he was wrong? What if it was Gary or Noah?

"The best thing is not to show my face to my next victim," he thought, "It will spare me a lot of trouble"