CHAPTER 18

Rick was so tired but he wasn't ready to enter the forest, yet. So he started wandering in the street until he reached Bingo Cafe and decided to sit down for a drink. Christy was also there but Rick didn't see her and even if he did he wouldn't care to salute her but since Christy was a little lonely, she took her smoothie and went to his table.

"Hey, new detective," she said while sitting in the chair in front of him.

"Hey,..." he closed his eyed trying to remember her name but since he failed "Serena's friend"

"Christy" she said between gritted teeth.

"Yeah, sorry about that but yesterday I learned a lot of names and it is hard to remember who is who"

"It's OK," she said with a smile "What happened to your head?"

"Someone hit me when I was going home, yesterday"

"Are you OK?"

"Yeah, yeah, I am fine"

"It's the first time that anyone had a problem in the forest because no one enters it except for Serena"

"Well, someone decided that it was a good day to enter the forest and hit me"

"You must believe that Countyville is so much fun"

"Yeah and here is my clue," he said pointing to his head. They both laughed.

"I like you, detective," Christy said "You are better than those shallow detectives that came before you"

"Tell me about them," he said. He saw it as a chance to know more about that subject.

"What do you want to know?"

He shrugged, "Anything, tell me what you know"

"Oh, I know a lot. I know better than many people do. What could I say?"

She looked up as if she was waiting for inspiration to hit her and once it did, she said, "Well, all of them liked Serena because she is the hottest girl, all of them asked her out and then disappeared. She never liked any of them and used to refuse them once they ask. Her sweet little heart was still attached to Johnny"

"Tell me about that Johnny"

"He came two or three years after Serena and became her friend on the spot. No one could be blind to the chemistry that those two had. He was to her just like Martin. When she used to fight with Martin she used to tell him that Johnny would never do that to her, Oh that sentence would drive him crazy. Although Johnny and Martin were jealous of each other, that jealousy never ruined their friendship" She took a sip of her smoothie and looked at Rick who wanted to kill her when she stopped talking.

"The three of them grew up with that love until Martin asked Serena out. Johnny was so angry then but couldn't say a thing because Serena accepted. They dated for a year or something but then they broke up"

"Why?" Rick asked with shock.

"Something about being not good for each other. I translated it to she wanted to date Johnny so she broke up with Martin"

He raised an eyebrow "You think highly of your friend"

She smiled "it's not that, it's that I hated that move from her. Martin really loved her but she just broke his heart. She could have just said no from the beginning and save his heart"

"How did they date after she broke up with Martin?"

"Well, they were separated when they went to college. Serena and Johnny went to Chicago but Martin went to Seattle. The next summer, everyone was surprised when they told us that they were dating. They remained to date in college and when they came back they dated for a while until that weird day came and Johnny decided to throw everything and travel"