CHAPTER 8

Once he heard the news, he started running in the streets. He knows the truth; he has the evidence that will stop all of this madness

"I should have gone, yesterday," he thought "idiot, if you showed the video to the police, they wouldn't have taken her"

He kept running, he thought that he heard some people calling his name but he doesn't care the only thing that matters is that he goes to the station as fast as possible.

Once he arrived, he found Martin sitting with the twins and the girls.

"Thank God you are here," he said going to Martin's desk.

"Were you running a marathon, Bill?"

Bill was a fat blond person of about 27 years old.

Bill was breathing hard "Mock me later, now release Serena"

The smiles left their faces.

"What?" Rick said, "What do you mean?"

He gave a quick look at Rick and then looked at Martin again "I have her release warrant right here" he said holding his camera in his hand.

"What is this? What are you talking about Bill?" Martin said with confusion on his face

Flashback

One of Bill's hobbies is recording videos of plants while giving remarks and information about them. No one watched them but he just liked recording it for his pleasure.

"Aren't you a beauty?" he said to one of the plants then he turned the camera to record his face "This beauty is called..."

A scream startled him and made him drop his camera. He picked it up and went to the place where the scream came from to find Serena sitting, astonished with her hands covering her mouth.

He looked in front of her to find a dead body. A scream almost came from his mouth but he suppressed it.

"Serena" Bill looked to find Gonzalez Schwann looking at Serena, he approached her "What are you...?" he stopped and looked at his brother's body "You... you killed him," he whispered

"No," she said shaking her head very hard "I...I didn't"

"You killed him," he shouted running towards her.

She got to her feet and ran very fast. He ran after her but he tripped on something and fell.

He gathered himself and ran after her again.

Bill was silent for a while; he couldn't believe what was happening in front of him. After he returned to the real world, he started panicking "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD" he started going back and forth pulling his hair.

"What will I do now?" he stopped and looked at the body. After a second, he approached it and held his camera that didn't stop recording at all. He looked at the body and almost threw up it was disgusting.

He heard footsteps approaching so he closed his camera and ran away.

__________________________

"This...this is impossible" Martin murmured with a smile on his face "but why didn't you come earlier"

"I was scared and confused; I didn't know what I should do"

"It doesn't matter," Jo said "Now we have her release warrant"

"Yeah," Bill said, "Where is the commissioner? I need to talk to him"

"You can't meet him, now," Martin told him "He is interrogating Gonzalez"

"I am helping his daughter," Bill said going to the commissioner's door "I am sure that he will understand"

"No, don't go"

However, it was too late Bill was already inside.

________________________

It has been more than an hour now and he was still interrogating Gonzalez. He keeps asking him the same question but in different ways, he is wishing that he will change his story once or make any kind of mistake but he didn't. HE HAS TO BE SAYING THE TRUTH. However, the commissioner doesn't give up fast

"So, could you tell me your story again?"

"I have been telling you my story for more than an hour now commissioner," Gonzalez said with a bored look on his face "Plus we are talking about MY brother's DEATH by YOUR DAUGHTER, it's not a memory that I want to keep talking about"

He frowned but returned to his normal self fast.

"Sorry Mr. Gonzalez but I will need you to repeat it one last time"

He sighed "I went to the forest because I was angry about something, as I was walking I heard a small scream of pain when I ran to the source of the scream I found YOUR DAUGHTER STABBING MY BROTHER"

He adjusted his seat and then continued, "I waited there for a while speechless but when I returned to my senses I started shouting at her which made her run away. I ran after her but sadly I tripped on a branch or something and fell on the floor which gave her the chance to run away"

There was a moment of silence before Gonzalez said, "Can I go now? I have funeral arrangements to take care of"

The commissioner thought for a moment but he couldn't find any other questions to ask him.

"You can leave but you can't travel out of the town"

"It's not like I ever traveled"

Gonzalez was just going to stand when the door opened and Bill and the others entered.

The commissioner slammed his hands on the desk and stood up "What is going on? How could you enter my office like that?"

"Sorry sir I tried to stop him but I couldn't," Martin said grabbing Bill's arm.

He pushed him "Sorry sir but I have important news"

"This better be good"

"If you don't mind sir I will go now," Gonzalez said

"No don't go"

"Why is that, Mr. Telly?" Commissioner Walker said between gritted teeth.

"Because I have the evidence that will get Serena out of prison."

Gonzalez and the commissioner were staring at him "What?" they said in unison.

"The evidence is here," he said opening the camera and showing them the video.

After the video instead of smiling, the two men were completely silent

"So you didn't watch MY DAUGHTER STABBING YOUR BROTHER," the commissioner said taking a step closer to Gonzalez "You did shout at her but that was after you greeted her"

Gonzalez found it hard to breathe, he tried to swallow but it was hard.

"Tell me right now Gonzalez all the truth or you will pay hard for this"

Silence.

The commissioner's respond was taking the collar of Gonzalez's shirt and pushing him to the wall.

"Speak now"

"Fine, fine, I will talk"

He let him down and both of them sat down while the others were watching them in amazement.

"DID COMMISSIONER JAMES WALKER JUST LOST HIS TEMPER?" everyone thought in unison but no one dared to open his mouth.