CHAPTER 24

Everyone ran to the place and arrived at the same time to see the dead bodies.

"Serena, are you OK?"

"Yes commissioner, I am fine"

"Well, they are not," Ryan said while pointing at the bodies "what happened here?"

"We have no idea," Rick said, "I was walking Serena home and we found them like that"

"Rodriguez," the commissioner called.

"They are dead for about half an hour," he replied searching the bodies.

"Who?" Serena asked in horror "and why?"

"That's the important question," Martin said crouching next to the bodies "what could they have done to die like this?"

"Well, it's your job to find out," the commissioner said stiffly "you better solve this fast. I don't want any other dead bodies"

Serena's eyes flashed, "Noah!"

"What?" Martin asked while everyone looked at her with confusion.

"He is the one left from their gang. Dad... I mean Commissioner we have to protect him, he is the next victim"

"And maybe he knows something," Chris said

"OK. Chris, Ryan you two have to protect Noah at all costs. If anything happens to him, you will be punished"

They saluted, "yes, sir"

The twins left and guarded Noah's house without his permission because they didn't want to freak him out. The others stayed at the murder scene for a while and then returned for their houses to get some sleep. Sadly, they failed.

_______________________________

Serena woke up early, as usual, got ready and went to the door to find a smiling face waiting for her.

"Hey, gorgeous"

"If it isn't prince charming," she said hugging Rick.

"Actually it's prince charming with coffee," he said giving her a cup of coffee that he was hiding behind his back.

They walked to the station talking about anything except yesterday's events. They arrived and settled in their desks. Martin came shortly afterward and then the twins came with a disturbed and panicked Noah.

They all went to the commissioner's office.

"Sir, Noah Fortcom has something to say to you," Chris said

"I don't want to die, commissioner. Please protect me"

"I will protect you if you tell me what's wrong"

"The killer, I know who the killer is"

He told them everything from the moment that he was in the problem until the story ended.

"And what is the secret?" Commissioner Walker asked with interest

"I can't say, I won't say" Noah replied trembling.

"Noah, you are safe, you told us the name. Do you think that telling us the secret is worse than that?"

"Yes, much worse"

They all frowned what could be that secret that's worse than telling them the name of their killer.

_______________________________

Rick and Serena went to Sam's house; Ron opened the door and let them to Loby's office.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Miss Serena Walker. To what do I owe the honor of your visit?"

"You are under arrest Mr. Crack, anything you say may be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish," Serena said firmly while getting her handcuffs out, but Loby raised his hands in objection.

"What the hell are you saying, woman?" He said, "What am I accused of, exactly"

"The murder of Mark Dona, Dani Swan, Smith Jana, Josh Gadet and Gary Mole," Rick said reading the names from his notepad.

"And where is your evidence?" Loby said smirking, "do you arrest people without evidence?"

Serena looked at his hand and smirked, "what happened to your hand, Mr. Crack?"

He held his hand, "I cut it while cutting the vegetables"

"Then you don't mind," Rick said "taking some blood from you to compare it with the blood that we found at Smith's house"

Loby sat on his desk and looked at his hand "it's over then. How did you know?"

"Noah told us"

Loby smiled with sadness, "the boy that I was going to spare," then realization hit him "D... Did... he tell you about my secret?"

Serena shook her head, "he was too afraid... Why Loby? What could that secret contain that could make you kill people?"

"Something that will change everyone's life"

Then, Daniel entered and frowned "what is happening here?"

Loby went for him and hugged him, "I am sorry, Daniel. I really am"

Ron's scream from upstairs shocked them all, "Loby, Lobyyy"

They all ran upstairs and were shocked. Sam's breathless body terrified them. Serena screamed and was secured by Rick's hug but the worst reaction was Loby's

"Saaaaaaaaaam" he screamed, went to the body, hugged him and cried his heart out.

The room was full of cries, screams and regret.

After calming Serena down, Rick went to Loby "Let's go, Mr. Crack"

Rick lead Loby to the station, Loby who was so shocked that couldn't say but 'all that I did was for nothing'

He was lead to the interrogating room. The detectives were discussing who was going to interrogate him when Commissioner James Walker said that he would do it himself.

They all sat down waiting for the commissioner to come out, they wanted to look from the next room but he forbid it. Suddenly he opened the door and went to them.

"Martin call Daniel and tell him to come quick, Serena call Mr. Walker and tell him to come too"

After they did the calls, Serena had to ask why.

"He said that he won't tell us 'the secret' without us"

"Us?"

"You and I are included"

"What could he want that include me in it?"

"We will know when they arrive"