Chapter 8

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Readers Pov

"Wake up girls! Come now, time for breakfast!" A loud voice called. There was a loud groan somewhere to my right and I opened my eyes to see Ginny ramming a pillow into her face. 

Hermione sat up and looked around confusedly before getting up and rummaging through her bag. 

"Get up Ginny, y/n. Both of you. Up, up! Get dressed and come down so you can eat before you leave." Mrs. Weasley left, shutting the door behind her. Ginny groaned again and threw her pillow at my face. 

"He-he-hey!" I yawned. Ginny smiled sleepily and went to rummage through her dresser. 

"Iv'e changed my mind. I don't want to go, I want to sleep." I mumbled and brought Ginny's pillow to my face.

"Just get up." Hermione said before yanking the pillow away. 

I slowly stood and picked up the muggle clothes I had laid out last night. I then stumbled to the bathroom to change and brush my teeth and hair. After walking back to the room Ginny went to change, then Hermione. All of us were putting our night clothes away when Mrs. Weasley came and shuffled us down the stairs. 

We stumbled down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny asked for the fifth time. 

"We've got a bit of a walk," Mr. Weasley replied. 

"Walk? What, are we walking to the World Cup?" Harry asked.

While Mr. Weasley explained that we would only be walking a short ways, I went and sat next to the twins. 

"Morning sunshine." Fred said sarcastically. I stuck my tongue out at him and pulled a bowl of porridge towards me. 

"Do you have yours?" I whispered to the boys. 

Fred nodded and George shoved his hand deeper into his pocket while giving a slight tilt of the head. 

"George!" Mrs. Weasley said sharply and everyone jumped.

"What?" He replied in an innocent tone. 

"You blew it now Georgie." I mumbled quietly.

"What is that in your pocket?"

"Nothing!" He said too quickly.

"Don't you lie to me! Accio!" She pointed her wand at his pocket and the brightly colored toffees flew out. George made a grab for them but missed and they all landed in his mum's hand.

"We told you to destroy them! We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!" 

Both of the twins shot me a look and emptied a few toffees onto the table. This, however didn't fool Mrs. Weasley and she began to use the summoning spell over and over. The sweets flew out from all different places and only when a group of them flew from the inside of my coat sleeve did she turn on me. 

"Y/N? Honesty! I expected more from you!" She pointed a stern finger at me.

I cast my eyes down guiltily, I hate disappointing people. 

"We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted angrily as his mum dropped the candy into the trash. 

"Oh a fine way to spend six months! No wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.s!" She shrieked.

The tense atmosphere still hung around as we took our departure. 

"Well, have a lovely time, and behave yourselves." She called after the twins but they just ignored her and continued on. "I'll send Bill, Charlie and Percy along around midday."

We walked through the dark field quietly. My eyes were still downcast as I walked in between the twins. 

"You know mum didn't mean it," Fred broke the silence. I just shrugged and continued walking.

"Yeah, Y/n, Mum didn't mean it. We get that talk at least ten times a week." George reassured me. 

I nodded and we continued to walk... and walk... and walk. I once slipped on a thick tuft of grass and Fred swiftly caught me before I went rolling back down the hill. I muttered a breathy 'Thank you' before continuing to trudge up the hill. The sky had turned a pale blue at this point.

Finally our small group reached the top of the hill and spread out to try and find the portkey. We spread out to try and find the thing until a voice shouted out, "Over here Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it!"

"Amos!" Mr. Weasley called as he strode over to the man who had shouted. The man was holding a ruddy old boot that I assumed was the portkey.

"This is Amos Diggory, everyone. He works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think you know his son, Cedric?" Mr. Weasley introduced.

"Hi," Said Cedric looking at us all. He made eye contact with me and smiled. We all said hi back(and I gave him a small smile) except for Fred and George, who only nodded. They had never forgiven Cedric for beating Gryffindor in the first match of the previous year. 

Mr. Weasley and Mr. Diggory made small talk about the match as I went to go stand next to Ginny and Hermione. 

"He's cute!" Ginny whispered while looking at Cedric. Hermione and I nodded in agreement. All three of us shared a look that made us break out in a fit of giggles.

"All these yours, Arthur?" Amos asked.

"Oh no, only the redheads," He pointed to Ginny, Ron and the twins, "This is Hermione, friend of Ron's, Y/n, Friend of Fred and George, and Harry, another friend-"

"Merlin's beard. Harry? Harry Potter?"  Amos interrupted.

"Er- yeah." Harry answered awkwardly. 

Amos then began bragging about how Cedric had beaten Harry in Quidditch while Cedric looked incredibly embarrassed about his fathers behavior.

I was brought back into the conversation by Mr. Weasley telling Harry, Hermione and I to touch the portkey. We all crowded around the old boot and I somehow ended up next to Cedric. 

He smiled at me again and I returned the gesture. I looked around to see Fred shooting a glare at Cedric. Was he still mad about that Quidditch game?

"Three...two...one..." Mr. Weasley muttered. 

A/N: Okay, so another chapter up! Thank you to everyone who's still reading and i'm incredibly sorry that it took so long. I was having a bit of writer's block and then school has been really overwhelming lately. Sorry again guys, but thanks for reading! The next chapter will be more interesting, I promise. See you later lovelies!