Chapter 35

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Readers Pov

"Who cares if he's half-giant? There's nothing wrong with him!" A voice rang through the crowded room. The whole pub became silent and we turned towards the voice. 

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were sitting a few tables away talking to Rita Skeeter. Rita's Quick-Quotes Quill was out and she was saying something else. Hermione suddenly stood, her butterbeer sloshing over the sides of the mug she was holding. 

I stood and nudged Fred to let me out of the booth, "Move."

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "I dunno, Y/n. Maybe you should sit this one out."

I gave him my best Mrs. Weasley glare and he moved. I marched towards the woman who wore horrendous banana-yellow robes.

"Let's go. C'mon, Harry, Ron," Hermione said before they stood and left. 

Rita grinned as her quill scribbled several lines down on a piece of parchment. 

"You dreadful, terrible woman! Do you have nothing better to do than bother children?" I asked venomously. 

She turned around with the same smug look on her face, "And who are you may I ask?" 

"I don't believe that's any of your business. I want to know why you've decided to make Harry's life a living hell!" 

Her face turned sour, "I don't believe I like your tone, young lady."

"Well, I don't believe I like you or your horrendous writing."

"I'll have you know, I only write factual reports!" She screeched. 

"Is that what we're calling those garbage articles?" 

"Okay, time to go," Fred said, stepping towards me and grabbing my arm. 

He tugged me outside as I protested, "No! She just can't go around saying those awful things! I can't let her insult Hagrid and Harry and Hermione like th-"

"She's gonna be after you and Hermione now!" Ron groaned, coming to stand next to us.

"Let her try!" Hermione said defiantly. "I'll show her! Silly little girl, am I? Oh, I'll get her back for this. First Harry, then Hagrid..."

"You don't want to go upsetting Rita Skeeter. I'm serious, Hermione, she'll dig up something on you-" Ron said nervously.

"My parents don't read the Daily Prophet. She can't scare me into hiding!" Hermione had began to stride down the street with Harry and Ron trailing her. 

I turned to Fred, who looked quite hopeless, "Ditto."

"Hermione, where are you going?" I shouted after her. 

"To see Hagrid!" She shouted over her shoulder. 

"Wait for me!" I shouted back, then to Fred, "Two of my favorites from Honeydukes? I'll pay you back?" 

He sighed, "Got it." 

"Thanks, Freddie." I grinned before chasing after the group.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hagrid! Hagrid, That's enough. We know you're in there! Nobody cares if your mum was giantess, Hagrid! You can't let that foul Skeeter woman do this to you! Hagrid, get out here, you're just being-" Hermione shouted, pounding the door ferociously.