Chapter 31

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Readers Pov

I pulled away from Lee and stomped back to my table. Ginny and Neville chatted while Sebastian talked with some Durmstrang boys and their dates. I sat down beside him and finished my plate. 

After all the food had been consumed, Dumbledore stood and requested the students do the same. With a swish of his wand, the tables zoomed along the walls and a raised platform with multiple instruments appeared along the right wall. 

The wizard band 'The Weird Sisters' trooped up onto the stage and picked up their instruments. They were all extremely hairy and had artificially torn robes. The lanterns at the small tables went out, allowing the hall to be softly lit by fairy lights. 

I looked up towards the staff table and found Harry being dragged to the dance floor by Parvati. The Weird Sisters began to play a slow, mournful tune as the champions took their places. Parvati seized Harry's hands, placing one around her waist, and clamping the other tightly in the hand that wasn't gripping his shoulder. She then began to steer him, revolving slowly around. 

I swayed to the soothing music when Sebastian took my hand and led me onto the floor near Viktor and Hermione. He placed one of his hands on my waist and held my hand with the other. I put my other hand on his shoulder and he began to slowly lead me through the dance. Out of the corner of my eye, Fred was dancing with Angelina while glaring at me. 

Sebastian spun me before wrapping me in his arms. I laughed lightly as he released me and we fell back into rhythm. A couple people over I noticed Ginny wincing as Neville trod on her toes. 

The song ended with a last, long quavering note from the bagpipes. Sebastian stepped back and bowed jokingly as everyone applauded. I laughed and curtsied back. The band then struck up a much quicker tune. Sebastian gave me a dashing grin before taking my hand once more. 

We danced at a much more entertaining pace than the last dance. He twirled me, spun me in the air, even dipped me once. We whirled past multiple couples before falling beside Hermione and Viktor who also danced with our enthusiasm. The air seemed to be filled with electricity and excitement. 

The song ended a couple minutes later so I decided to catch my breath while Sebastian went to get drinks with Viktor. 

"I'm just going to go say hi to Harry and Ron," Hermione said breathlessly. I laughed and pointed to a table, "Okay, I'll be right over there."

I was laughing still when I returned to the empty table. 

Well, until Fred came up to me. 

"I thought you weren't going with anyone," he said coldly.

I just shrugged and sat down. He ignored my reaction and sat down beside me. 

"So, where's Angelina?" I asked seeing as she was nowhere in sight. 

It was his turn to shrug. "Since when were you going with that Durmstrang bloke?"

"Since today," I answered confusedly.

He made a 'Hmph' sound. 

"Why do you care if I go out with Sebastian?" 

"I don't." He said shortly.

"Apparently you do," I muttered quietly. 

"He's a Durmstrang."

"And you're from Hogwarts. What's the difference?" I say, color rising in my cheeks.

"He's from a different school."

"Why does that matter?"

"It just- It just does," His voice began to rise as he struggled for words.

"Great answer Fred." I said sarcastically. 

"I just don't like Durmstrang!" He argued.

"Why?" I argued back.

"Because this is a competition! The schools are competing and you're probably helping him." He spat. 

"Helping him with what? He's not in the competition, you prat!"

"But he is close to Krum. For all we know, he could be using you to help his buddy Viktor."

The couples at surrounding tables now began to stare. 

"Have you happened to speak to Ron lately? Because you sound an awful lot like him!" I hissed back.

His face flushed, "Maybe I have, Y/n! Maybe I want Harry to win!" 

"How dare you, Frederick Weasley. I only want Harry to win, you git! I'm loyal to Hogwarts."

"I'm sure you are. Is that why you're going out with that Durmstrang?" He asked scathingly. 

"I'll have you know I went with him because he asked. And if you can't handle the fact that someone might actually enjoy spending time with me then sod off."

I abruptly stand and push through the crowd, looking for Ginny or Hermione. Eventually I make it to the Entrance Hall. It's much quieter there, only a few couples milled about, mainly snogging each other in dark corners. I hear someone stomp into the room and turn to find Hermione. 

Her face is red and tear streaks run down her face. 

"What's wrong, 'Mione?" I gasp as I run up to her. 

She shakes her head while wiping her eyes, "Ron is being a complete idiot."

"That makes two Weasley's." I mumble coldly. 

She looks up at me, "Fred?"

"He seems to believe that Durmstrang is our worst enemy and it's absolutely horrid that I go with one of them."

"Ron seems to think the same."

"It's truly amazing how completely idiotic these boys are," I chuckle lightly. 

She laughs and the tears have stopped. 

"Now, I bet our dates are wondering where we are."

She nods ans I link our arms.

"But before we go in there... We need a plan." I whisper.

"A plan?" She laughs.

"Yes, a plan." I begin to speak in a hushed whisper.

"Okay, here's what's going to happen. We march in there. We have the time of our lives with our own dates. We actually have fun and dance and eat food till we regret it in the morning. Then we go back up to the common room when the ball is over and sleep, because we deserve a good rest. We ignore the boys until they apologize." 

She laughs the entire time but stops to agree.

"I'm not going to let one stupid boy ruin my night. And neither are you. We've worked too hard at school and we deserve to finally have fun."

"You're actually right for once," she smiles.

 "'Mione, I'm always right."

A/n: Another chapter! More drama to come. Sorry this one is a little short, but oh well. I'm loving the girl power going on in this chapter. Thank you guys for all the support I got from the last chapter. After I reread what I wrote I felt like a drama queen so I apologize. I think I'm out of that little stump so here you go! I love you guys <3. See you next Wednesday, lovelies.