Chapter 28

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Readers Pov

"Umm, I- I'll be off to bed now," I mumbled to the group before walking up the stairs.

For some reason I stopped in front of Ginny's dorm room. I knocked lightly on it and a blonde third-year girl answered.

"Is Ginny in there?" I asked quietly. 

The girl nodded and left to get her with a concerned look on her face. Moments later Ginny appeared and drug me inside. The only other person was the blonde girl but she seemed to notice the need for privacy and left. Ginny shoved a few papers away and we sat on her bed. 

"What happened?" She asked immediately. 

I fiddled with the edge of my robe and kept my head down, "Fred asked Angelina to the ball." 

"He did, what?"  She hissed. 

"He asked Angelina to the ball," I mumbled again.

"Where is he? I think I'd like to have a little talk with my brother!" She said while standing up.

I also stood, "Don't, Ginny. We're not together and Angelina already said yes. There's no point." 

She sat back down and sighed, "But you guys were going to be the perfect couple."

"Apparently not." I whispered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hogwarts grew more and more beautiful as Christmas inched closer.

The decorations this year were more stunning than ever before. Everlasting icicles have been attached to banisters, the twelve Christmas trees in the Great Hall were stunningly decorated with live gold owls and glowing holly berries, and all the suits of armors had been bewitched to sing carols whenever anyone passed them.

I was walking to charms one morning when Hermione ran up to me, Breathless. "Y/n! Wait! I-I need to tell you something!"

"What happened?" I asked quickly. She looked around and pulled me down a deserted hallway.

"I just got asked to the ball."

"Really? Who?" I nearly shouted. She suddenly looked nervous.

"Promise you won't tell anyone...or make fun of me?"

"Hermione I would never! Now tell me who asked you!"

"Viktor," she blushed and looked down.

"Viktor? Viktor Krum? Hermione that's great!"

"Can I tell you something else?" She suddenly looked a bit sad.

"What?"

"It's not the first time he's asked me. He asked me twice before but I said no both times."

"Why?" I asked curiously.

Her cheeks burned brighter than before, "I wanted Ron to ask me."

I sighed and hugged her, "Believe me, I know how it feels."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas Eve have finally arrived and I decided to throw myself a pity party. Fred and I hardly talked anymore while George and Lee would just throw worried looks our way when we were near each other. Angelina seemed so excited whenever anyone brought up the ball and I hated myself for wishing she wouldn't go.

I was in Hermione's dorm, trying to come up with excuses to why I couldn't go myself.

"Hermione, I can't go, I don't have a date and all my friends do. I'll just be alone all night." I told her honestly. 

"You are going. You already have a dress and you will wear it tomorrow, dateless or not. And you won't be alone, I'll be with you most of the time and so will Ginny. What about Alicia and Katie?" She scolded lightly, as if I were the younger one.

I laughed bitterly, "George asked Alicia and Lee asked Katie and I know you and Ginny will be busy the entire night. I mean, you are going with a champion."

She said nothing.

"'Mione, honestly, I'd rather stay up here anyway. I just got a new book and I've been wanting to work o-"

"No, Y/n! You are going to go to that ball and show all of those boys but they're missing out on!"

I said down on her bed. I really did want to go to the ball, but I was the only girl in Gryffindor who didn't have a date.

"Hermione, why did no one ask me? Am I really that terrible to be around?"

"Of course not! Boys are just idiots. Fred is an idiot!" She shouted indignantly.

I slapped a hand over her mouth before I could stop myself, "Don't go shouting things like that!"

She rolled her eyes and removed my hand. With the ball being tomorrow, I became nervous. Even Ron and Harry had managed to get dates. Hermione noticed my anxiety and decided to distract me. 

"Come see Hagrid with me? We haven't talked to him in awhile."

I nodded. As soon as we layered ourselves in winter clothes we walked down to the empty common room. We chatted lightly about the decorations as we walked outside. However, as soon as I stepped foot into the white snow, a snowball caught the side of my face. There was a loud gasp and I looked over to see Harry, Ron, and the twins in a heated battle. I shook my head at them before wiping the cold water off my face and continuing down to the cheerful hut with Hermione. 

Until something hit the back of my head. I whipped around but the boys were still engaged in the activity. Hermione glared at them before we carried on once more, throwing glances behind our shoulders every few seconds. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a ginger stand and aim for me. 

I ducked right in time and saw Fred staring at me with wide eyes. 

"Frederick Weasley how dare you!" I shouted before taking out my wand. With a little help from a transfiguration and repetitive spell, I charmed a few snowballs to hit him continuously before marching off to the cabin. I was very pleased upon hearing them hit their mark. 

Finally Hermione and I reached the door and knocked multiple times to find the cabin empty. 

"Is he still decorating the Great Hall?" she asked. 

"Probably not. I bet he's off trying to flirt with Madame Maxime." We playfully teased him about his hopeless ideas about romance and the clothing choices that go with it. 

The boys must've gotten bored and went back inside because we didn't pass them. 

We walked back up to the common room and found all the boys lounging by the fire. Except Angelina, Katie and Alicia were sitting with them. And Fred had his arm around Angelina's shoulders. And George, Lee, Harry and Ron looked very concerned. Hermione only glanced their way before dragging me up the stairs and into my dorm. 

"Get some rest. We're going to look better than ever and make sure those gingers know it," she turned around and began to leave. 

"If you say so. Night 'Mione." 

"Goodnight."

A/N: Prepare for the drama, darlings. This chapter was boring, had to get it out of the way. Wait till you see the next few. Sorry for updating late, as always. Love you guys. CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT HOW MANY READS ARE ON THIS BOOK!!! IT'S TRULY UNBELIEVABLE AND I LOVE EVERYONE WHO READS, COMMENTS, AND VOTES. See you next Wednesday, lovelies.