Chapter 48

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Readers Pov

The night Fred and I had fallen asleep by the fire was the last moment we were able to get together and I found myself growing more cranky the less I was around him. In the past week Molly had made us scrub most of the house spotless, Harry's trial went perfectly and he was allowed to return to Hogwarts, and we just learned Ron and Hermione had been made prefects.

This new information had put the twins in a particularly sour mood. Especially when they came downstairs and found their mum had hung a scarlet banner with "CONGRATULATIONS RON AND HERMIONE- NEW PREFECTS" lettering above the dinner table. 

"I thought we'd have a little party, not a sit down dinner," she had beamed, "Your father and Bill are on their way, Ron, I've sent them both owls and they're thrilled!"

Fred rolled his eyes, earning himself my swift elbow to the ribs. He pouted but I only rolled my eyes.

Sirius, Remus, Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, and Mad-Eye were all standing around, putting food on plates and chatting lightly. 

I found myself in a little group with Tonks, Ginny, and Hermione. Tonks' hair today was waist length and a bright tomato-red.  

"I was never a prefect myself," she grinned. 

"Oh?" I quirked an eyebrow.

"My Head of House said I lacked certain necessary qualities."

"Like what?" Ginny asked.

"Like the ability to behave myself."

Ginny and I burst out laughing as Hermione chocked on her Butterbeer.

After awhile of questioning Kingsley about his job he turned to talk with Remus and I turned to look for the twins, only to find them huddled in a corner talking to Mundungus and Harry. 

Only when I went to approach them the twins decided to take their leave, shuffling up the stairs. I didn't go after them, I had promised Molly I would help clear up. 

It wasn't until later when I was heading up the stairs to go to bed that I heard sobbing. 

"Molly?" I called out lightly, and hearing no response, I crossed the landing and opened the door to the drawing room. 

As I entered I found her crouched against the wall, wand pointed towards the carpet, tears streaming down her face. 

There on the carpet lay Mr. Weasley, glasses askew and...dead? 

My heart plunged and tears instantly formed in the corners of my eyes. I felt as if I had been plunged into ice water as my head spun, He just went up to bed, I just saw him downstairs, how had this happened?

Molly who apparently hadn't noticed me yet, raised her wand towards her husband and uttered through sobs, "R-R-Riddikulus!"

There was a flash and I finally understood what was happening. She had decided to tackle the boggart on her own. 

Even with this information, nothing could prepare me for seeing the bodies of the twins splayed out across the carpet, nor the scream that immediately rose up in my throat. This caught Mrs. Weasley's attention and she quickly yelled, "Riddikulus! Riddikulus!"

CRACK. Percy. CRACK. Harry. 

She was about to shout it again when Sirius and Remus ran in, followed by Moody. Remus looked from my tear streaked face to Molly's then to Harry's body on the floor before finally understanding and pulling out his wand.