Chapter 13

I haven't done Fred's point of view in a while so let's see how this goes...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Fred's pov

Y/n was asleep on my shoulder when George spoke. 

"Freddie, it's about time to tell her." 

"Tell who what?" I asked as I brushed a few h/c strands away from her face. George was silent a moment so I looked up to him and found him giving me an 'are you kidding me?' look. 

"Oh, I don't know. Only that you've fancied her since third year!

"Now that's a-"

A green streak exploded into the sky. It appeared to have been shot up about twenty yards away from where we sat. A giant skull with a serpent protruding from its mouth like a tongue stretched across the sky. It rose higher as the green light around it brightened.  The mark hovered above our clearing as people watched.

"Merlin," George whispered, green light illuminating his face.

All around us, screams erupted and people fled our area. Y/n awoke with a start and scanned the area confusedly. She looked up at me until her gaze rose higher and saw the symbol waving in the sky. Her eyes widened in alarm and she shook Ginny awake.

"Fred, we need to get out of here." Y/n said while standing up, her eyes still trained on the Dark Mark. 

"And where do we go?" George asks her.

"Back to the tents. I think those people should be gone by now. Your father would want us all together. I'm sure Hermione got the boys back to the tent. Come on." She explained quickly.

She pulled Ginny up and held onto her hand while outstretching her other to me. I raised an eyebrow and she rolled her eyes, "Just take my hand. No one needs to get lost this time. George, take Ginny's other one." 

I took her hand and led us back onto the dimly lit path. 

"Are you sure this is the right way?" Y/n asked after about five minutes.

"I'm pretty sure," I looked back to her and saw doubt clouding her e/c eyes,"And i'm not the one who got lost last time."

"You know that wasn't my fault!" She whispered harshly. I only shrugged before concentrating on the path again. Ginny was constantly tripping in her sleepy state. It wasn't until the third time she tripped and pulled Y/n down with her, that George allowed Ginny to piggyback back to camp. 

"You look like a pack mule." I smirked at my brother.

We had only taken a few steps forward when Y/n tugged at my hand.

I turned around to look at her and she nodded her head towards the receding figures of Ginny and George. 

"What?" I asked. She only rolled her eyes and raised her hands up. 

Oh.

I sighed and allowed her to jump on my back. I stood back up before jogging to catch up with my brother. 

George smirked over at me, "Look who's a pack mule now." 

I mimicked him quietly under my breath while watching the ground to make sure I didn't fall and take Y/n down with me.

"Hey, Y/n/n? Are you awake?" I whispered to her.

"Hmm?" She hummed back in response.

"The tent is at the edge of these woods right?" 

"Mmhhm." I felt her nod against the side of my neck. 

"We should almost be there then." I huffed. 

We finally made it to the edge of the clearing. The Death Eaters had gone while Ministry witches and wizards ran around trying to fix things. Many tents were still smoking and tattered banners littered the ground. I looked around and saw that our tents appeared unharmed. 

"Is everyone all right? Are any of you hurt? Where are the others?" Bill asked as soon as we stepped through the tent flaps. George and I dropped Y/n and Ginny on the couch and sat next to them. Charlie had a large tear in his shirt, Bill was holding a bedsheet to his arm which was bleeding profusely, and Percy was sporting a bloody nose.

"We're all fine Bill. But we don't know where the others went. They got lost. So did Y/n, but she found us again." George answered while rubbing his head.

"You let my fiance get lost, Fred? Shame on you." Charlie scolded me.

"Charles Weasley that joke is getting old and I am not your fiance. Nor will I ever be." Y/n spoke from beside me.

George snickered while Ginny asked,"What happened to you three?" 

"I think Charlie's shirt got caught on something, Percy took a fist to the face and I do believe I got hit with a rather nasty spell." Bill shrugged.

"I did not get 'a fist to the face'!" Percy hissed at his older brother.

"Then what happened?" Y/n asked.

Percy mumbled something under his breath. 

"What was that, Perce?" George grinned. 

Before Percy could respond, Charlie, who was standing by then entrance of the tent, poked his head out and called out, "Dad, what's going on? Fred, George, Ginny and Y/n got back okay, but the others-"

"I've got them here," Dad said as he entered the tent. 

Harry, Ron and Hermione entered after him. Dad explained what happened and how Barty Crouch's elf had been accused of creating the dark mark. Hermione immediately jumped to defend the elf while Percy argued against her. Ginny and Y/n had fallen asleep again. 

"Listen, it's very late, and if your mother hears what's happened she'll be worried sick. We'll get a few more hours sleep and then try and get an early Portkey out of here." Dad said while running a hand through his hair. 

Ron, Harry, Percy, Charlie and Bill moved into the room with the beds while Hermione left for the girls tent. 

"Come on," George grunted while picking up Ginny and carrying her to the other tent. I Picked up Y/n and followed him. 

We put the girls in they're respectable beds. Hermione was already asleep when I moved the hair away from Y/n's face. 

"G'night Y/n/n." I whispered before walking out with a grinning George. 

"Shut up." I grumbled while sliding under my covers.

"I didn't say anything!"

A/n: Hey guys! Please don't hate me for putting this up so late. I really am sorry. But I think I've worked out a schedule that will allow me to post a new chapter every Wednesday. Does that sound good? Wednesday? I f you guys would prefer a different date just message me or comment. Also, I think this book is going to be longer than I initially planned... I just have so many ideas for the war and after the war. I really hope you guys don't mind. Likes, comments and follows make my day <3. See you later, lovelies!