Chapter 50

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Readers Pov

"What a toad," George groaned, walking out of the Great Hall after the Umbridge woman finally finished her speech. 

"'Can't believe the Ministry is gonna interfere at Hogwarts," Fred grumbled as we strolled towards the common room. 

"Oh, chin up, you two," Lee grinned, "We have testing to advertise."

"Testing? What are you testing?" I asked as George told the portrait of the Fat Lady the password. 

We entered the bustling common room, the warm scent of vanilla and musky smoke from the fireplace engulfing my senses. I smiled a little, there were three places I felt at home: my own house, The Burrow, and the Gryffindor common room. 

Fred walked up to the notice board, unraveled a piece of parchment and pinned it up. 

I grimaced as my eyes read over the scribbled writing:

GALLONS OF GALLEONS!
Pocket money failing to keep pace with your outgoings?
Like to learn a little extra gold?
------------------------------------------
Contact Fred and George Weasley,
Gryffindor common room,
for simple, part-time, virtually painless jobs

And then, in much smaller writing:

(we regret that all work is undertaken at applicant's own risk)

I scowled at the boys, "You're testing the sweets on other students?"

George gave me a small smile and, when I didn't return it, excused himself for bed.

Fred gave me a bashful look, "We didn't want to tell you yet 'cause you'd be mad."

"Well you were right. Freddie, you can't go around testing bloody first years. You haven't perfected the candies yet. What if something goes wrong and someone gets hurt?"

Lee unwisely decided to pipe up, "That's why we added the warning at the bottom!"

I gave him a withering look and he too said his good nights before bounding up the stairs.

"Oh come on, Y/n/n. You know we've thought of that. We'll take precautions."

I shook my head, exhausted by their relentlessness and too tired to argue back, "Whatever, Fred. I'm off to bed. Night."

"G'night, love."

And when I turn back to give him an eye-roll I nearly stop dead in my tracks because he's giving me the soft smile. The one that reaches his eyes and face and soul and makes me feel like he reserves it only for me. So I hide my blush by turning around and going up the stairs. I hate when he looks at me like that because I feel like a love sick fool and only a fool like me would fall for Fred Weasley.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I get up early and get ready before heading down to the common room to start my day. On the way to the Great Hall I run into Angelina, who I congratulate about being made Gryffindor Quidditch Captain. 

"Thanks, Y/n/n. We need a new keeper so I'm holding tryouts on Friday at five o'clock. Be there?" 

"You got it." 

She sighs and smiles, "Sorry I'm so rushed. I've been trying to round everyone up to tell them, not to mention how nervous I am. Oliver was the best captain we've had since Charlie went here."

"You're gonna do great, Ange. This is a good change. The team already loves you and we're just missing one person."

"Thanks, Y/n. I'll see you 'round," She gives me one more smile before heading off. 

I enter the Great Hall and spot Ginny sitting near the end of the table with a few of her friends. 

Sliding into the seat next to her, I begin piling food onto my plate.

"Mornin', Gin."

"Morning to you too. Anything you have to tell me?" She smirked.

I raised an eyebrow, "Like..?" 

"Like... Jeremy Stretton asking you out for the millionth time?" 

I groaned through my mouthful of food, "Where'd you hear that?"

"A couple Ravenclaw girls were complaining about it."

"See? This is why I'll never go out with him."

"That, and a certain redhead," She smirked, sipping on her pumpkin juice.

"Shut it," I hissed back.

Ginny's wicked grin faltered a little as she looked down the table. I turned my head, ignoring her "Y/n, wait-" and found what she had saw.

The twins and Lee had come down for breakfast and were standing near the entrance of the hall talking to Angelina. This did not upset me. However, Fred's arm thrown over her shoulder while they laughed about something... that did. 

"I'm sure it's nothing, Y/n/n-" Ginny began but stopped when I abruptly got up. 

"Wait, where are you going?" She asked as I began to walk away. 

"How do I look?" I turned back around.

She was momentarily stunned before asking, "What?" 

"How do I look?" I repeated blankly.

"Erm- You look great. But, why?" 

"Good enough. I'll see you later." 

My fingers fiddled with the strap of my book bag as I wondered over to the Ravenclaw table. I started to lose my confidence and turn around before a voice called out to me. 

"Y/n? You're lookin' a little lost, love."

I cringed inwardly at the 'love'. For some reason it was so much sweeter coming out of a different mouth. 

I put a charming smile on before turning back around to face him.

"Hey, Jeremy! I was hoping to find you over here."

"You found me. I take it you've given some thought to my question?" He smile hopefully, blue eyes shining. 

"I actually have," I hesitated for a second, is this really a good idea?

"And?"

"Um- Hogsmeade, yeah, I'd love to go with you."

"Really?" He grinned widely.

"Yeah," I smiled a little. 

"That's fantastic-" 

He was interrupted as his friends called for him.

"I've got to go but, uh," he suddenly became a little shy, "First Hogsmeade trip, I'll wait for you outside of your common room?"

"Sounds good."

He grinned again, "Thanks, Y/n. You won't regret it."

I hope not.

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! Sorry this is so late and so, so bad and so short but I didn't want you all to think I gave up on the story. I have more chapters planned. I just have to do the hard part and write them. I love this story and I'm so ready for ya'll to see the rest of it. Stay safe you guys! And just in case no one's told you lately: You are so loved, I'm so proud of you, you make me happy. Remember, you all mean the world to me! See you later, lovelies.