Chapter16

"I can explain"
"Nic?."

He keeps on walking ahead of me, when we arrived at the mansion that he once asked me to stay during completing my degree.

"Nicholas!" I roar.
He doesn't care. I storm my foot on the floor in anger.

"Fine, I won't get inside as long as you don't let me explain" I says to Nic and sit childishly on the stair in front of the main door.
"I mean it"
Please the bribe will go smooth. This bride is my secret weapon since my childhood.😁

I feel a touch on my shoulder.

"Nic, I know it is not good to have the doughnut he sent me. But I'm rally hungry. Besides it ain't like I am hanging him in relationships or giving him false hope. "

"Rebecca " he said.

"No. Hear me out first. He has been sending me doughnuts and mocha latte for the last three months before holiday.by that time, we haven't even got married."

"Rebecca."He signs.

"No no, listen Nic. Till the end. I don't want to fight for something that ain't even exist. I don't know even who is he. But you have my full fidelity the moment I vowed at the altar."

"Rebecca I'm sorry. I ...I got my jealousy the best of me. I can't control my jealousy when it comes to you. I feel like we are in total different fields. As for your occupation, a Doctor tends to fall for a Doctor. You being medical student , and me being a very busy businessman, I feel insecure about our marriage."

I hold his hand. And give him small smile.

"Besides our marriage doesn't start on boyfriend girlfriend relationship. I force you to this." He adds

"Nic." I hug him.
"You don't need to feel insecure. I value the vows we made. And I was angry at you for forcing me to this marriage. Not anymore"

"Really?"his eyes glint like a diamond in happiness "
"Thank you"

"You know you are so different from the Nicholas starling I first met. And I like this one now ." I smirk

He raises his eyebrows in question.
"Really? How am I different? Enlighten me" he says with a grin

I put my hands on both side of his cheeks.

"Does it still hurt?"

"A bit.."
I kiss his jaw where I punched.

"You haven't answered my question."

"Ok ok You was noxious, disgusting, unpleasant, dickheaded,arrogant, ruthless bastard."

"Ok ok , can't you use other kind words to describe my old self"

"Nope. This words have hundred percent description of you" I say with a smirk.

He playfully hits my head in annoyance.

"And?" He asks.

"And you are now a lovely hubby. I mean the best hubby I could ever ask for.But annoyingly possessive. Sometimes that is kind of cute and sexy." I say dreamily.
I heard his chuckle.