t h r e e

Chapter 3:

Elena's POV:

8 A.M.

I walk into my first class of the week and sit in a random desk. I pull out my phone as I wait for the teacher to arrive.

"Good morning class," I hear from a woman walking into the room causing me to shut off my phone. "Welcome to first year Physics. I'm your teacher Ms.Hard."

"Before we begin, I'm just going to read out the list of names I have here. If you are not called, that means you're in the wrong class," she said as she put on her glasses. She read off a few names before I heard, "Ethan Dolan."

What? I thought he was a year older.

"Oh, Mr.Dolan, I remember you. I'm still so surprised how you failed this class," Ms.Hard said looking at Ethan sitting in the back corner. I turned to look at him and we made eye contact for a spilt second before he turned looked away.

"I mean, I've never seen a student go from a 96% to a 50% in just a month," she continued. "Well, shit happens," he responded and then Ms.Hard continued to read the rest of the names.

Ethan dropped almost 50% in a month? Wait how the fuck did he have a 96% in physics at one point?

*

Friday 5:00 P.M.

The week went by pretty quickly since nothing really happened. Ethan isn't isolating himself as much. Like, when I came home from school on Monday, he was sitting on the couch watching TV. Also at breakfast on Wednesday, he didn't cause any problems.

Oh and turns out, Ethan and I both only have Physics on Monday, so we're home alone until 4 P.M which is kinda awkward since he hates me. I think we both also have Friday's off since he was home all day with me. He left 10 minutes ago somewhere but he didn't have his bag with him so I'm assuming he didn't go to school.

I was now just sitting on the couch watching TV before Savannah walked in with 2 bags filled with alcohol.

"What's with all the alcohol?" I ask. "Surprise! We're having a party tonight!" She cheered. "It's the first party of the school year and everyone's coming," she explained as she walked into the kitchen with me following behind her. "How'd you get all that?" I asked. "I'm in fourth year, remember?" "Oh, right! That explains why you're the most responsible one of us all." "Yes, and speaking of me being responsible, since you, Grayson, Maya, and Ethan are underage, I will only allow you guys to drink at parties, special occasions, and if you're going through a breakup. But max, two cups!" She says.

"Oh, and same with Evan since he acts like a 6 year old," she adds making me laugh. "Do you need help with anything?" I ask. "Yes, I need help cleaning up this floor and the basement," she says as she puts the bags onto the counter. "Okay, I'll go get started on the basement," I say as I head towards the basement.

I walked down into the basement and the first thing I had noticed was that there was a box in the middle of the room with an empty bottle of alcohol next to it. I walked over to it and picked it up to put off to the side. Of course, I ended up dropping the box and everything came out.

I groaned as I began to pick up the things that fell out. I was curious to why there was a tuxedo in a box in the basement when I saw a sheet of paper filled with written words. I couldn't help but read the first few words.