f i v e

Chapter 5:

Elena's POV:
8:15 A.M.

It's been two weeks and Ethan and I are finally okay... I guess. He has his moments where he's a dick but he doesn't act like a complete ass anymore. He really pissed me off when he made me make dinner alone last Monday. He's been bringing girls in and out of the house which is kinda uncomfortable and annoying but we're all getting used to it.

I took a sit down at my desk before pulling out my phone. I noticed someone had walked into the class causing me look up at the door. I saw Ethan walk in followed by an attractive boy I haven't seen in this class and the professor. The boy walked over and sat down next to me smiling before he took his seat. I politely smiled back before shutting off my phone and turning my attention to the teacher.

Throughout the whole class, the boy and I were exchanging glances every once and awhile. He had light brown hair and bright blue eyes. He was honestly very attractive and I couldn't help but look at him every little while.

Once class was over, I grabbed my bag and got up before bumping into the boy.

"Sorry," we said in unison before letting out a quiet chuckle. He took a step back and put his arms out towards the door. "After you," he said. I smiled and walked by him towards the door.

When we got out of the classroom, he introduced himself. "I'm Tyler," he said before sticking his hand out. "Elena," I respond and shake his hand. "So, what are you doing taking Physics?" I ask as we begin to walk out of the building. "I wanna be a Physics teacher. What about you?" he replied. "A Pediatrician."

"So why I haven't I seen you around before?" I ask him. "I just switched my major so I guess I now have Physics with you!" "What were you doing before?" I ask as we open the doors and walk outside. "I wanted to be a doctor, but it was too hard and I just didn't really enjoy it much." "Yeah, it's not for everyone. But, a Physics teacher is still cool too. You like working with teenagers?" "Yeah, I wanna be that cool teacher that they all like," he said before we turned our attention to the loud honking coming from across us. "Yo, get in!" Ethan yelled from his black BMW. "Uh, I gotta go," I told Tyler before heading towards the car. "That's fine, I'll see you around?" He questioned. "Yeah, for sure!" I yell back as I continue to walk to the car.

I opened the door and sat in the passenger's seat.

"Do you walk home every day?" he asks before driving off and out of the parking lot. "How else do you think I get home?" "I thought you drove home." "With what car?" I ask. "You don't have a car?" He asked in disbelief. "Alright, relax, sorry we're not all as rich as you." "No, it's just-" "Whatever Ethan," I say cutting him off, not wanting him to talk any longer. Money is a touchy subject for me just because when I was younger my parents really struggled with it and we didn't really have much. Now, thankfully we do have more than average families but I just hate when people brag about their money or think differently of others that don't have a lot of it.

It went quiet for a couple minutes before he said something.

"I can take you home after school every Monday's since we both finish at the same time," he offers. "Sure, whatever," I respond. "Why are you acting so bitchy?" "Cause," I said. "Really informative answer, thank you for that," he said pulling into the driveway. "C'mon I offered to give you rides home and you're giving me that attitude?" "Are you really going to try to give me a lesson about attitude?" I asked as we stepped out of the car. "No, but really, you're not like this." We walked up the driveway and towards the door.