e l e v e n

Chapter 11:

Ethan's POV:

I gasped for air once I made it up to the surface and looked around to see where everyone was, but mainly for Grayson.

I only had spotted Ava, Maya, Palmer, Savannah, and Evan.

"GRAYSON!" I yell looking around for him. "GRAYSON!" I yell again after I got no response. No, no, no! Grayson has to be okay.

"GRAY!" I yell again as I try my best to stay up on the surface. The waves quieted down a bit but they were still pretty rough to be swimming in. "ETHAN!" I hear Grayson yell. I spin around and see him. "OH THANK GOD," I yell and swim towards him. "WHERE'S ELENA?" He asks. "I THINK SHE'S STILL UNDERWATER," I say before quickly going under.

I look around for Elena and see her unconscious and floating under the boat. Oh, god no. I quickly swim towards her and grab her from under her arms. I try to swim back up before I feel myself being pulled back down. I look down and see her foot is caught in the storage compartment of the boat. I quickly swim down to it and try pulling her foot out. My chest started to hurt as I was running out of oxygen. I twisted Elena's foot and then pulled as hard as I could on the lid of the storage compartment before her foot went free. I then quickly swam to the surface, grabbing Elena's arm on the way up.

I gasped for air again once I was up from the water and laid Elena on her back to float.

"God, I was so worried," Grayson said. The waves thankfully had calmed down but too bad there was a terrible thunder storm going on. Being in the water isn't the place to be during a storm.

"HURRY LET'S GO," I said loudly over the rain as I began to swim while holding onto Elena's arm. "HERE, I'LL TAKE HER," Grayson says. "NO, JUST SWIM AS FAST AS YOU CAN TO THE DOCK AND THROW US THE LIFE SAVER WHEN WE GET CLOSE," I say before he dives under water and heads towards the dock.

I was about 200 meters away from the dock and I tried my hardest to swim back as fast as I could. It was pretty hard with the distracting roaring thundering and with an unconscious human I was dragging with me.

A couple minutes later, I see Grayson reach the dock. He quietly got out and looked for the life saver. Although we were still over 100 meters away, I knew Grayson could throw it close to us.

He threw the life saver and held onto the string. It landed just a few meters away from us. I quickly swam towards it and placed Elena in it. I then grabbed onto the rim of the life saver and gave Grayson a thumbs up. Grayson began to pull the string hard and fast.

We arrived back at the dock in less than a minute. I quickly got out and then picked up Elena bridal style. I run up the steps and towards the cottage as Grayson follows.

"SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE!" I yell as I continue to run towards the cottage. "CALL THE POLICE SOMEONE!" I yell again once I'm right outside the cottage. "OH MY GOD," Ava yells before bursting into tears as she see's me holding her unconscious or possibly dead best friend in my arms. "OH GOD," Maya says as she pulls out her phone. I quickly run inside and set Elena down on the ground. Everyone comes around and crowds me as I knelt down by Elena.

I quickly place my fingers on the side of her neck looking for her pulse. I panic even more when I can't find it.

"SHE HAS NO PULSE, SOMEONE CALL THE FUCKING POLICE," I yell. "I DID," Maya yells back as she cries.

Okay, Ethan, you can do this.

I put my hands on top of each other and placed my heel towards the end of her breastbone, in the center of her chest. I then started to give her 30 chest compressions by pressing down on her breastbone at a rate of two times per second. I then pinch her nose shut and take a deep breath before sealing my lips around hers and blowing into her mouth. I did it once more before starting up the chest compressions again.