t w e l v e

Chapter 12:

Elena's POV:

Sunday, 6:12 A.M

"Ah," I wince as I try to sit up straight on my bed. I reach over to the nightstand and grab my phone to see it's only six in the morning. I quietly let out a groan and push myself out of bed gently without hurting myself. I stand up on my one good foot and slowly hop to the bathroom. God my ribs hurt way worse than they did yesterday. I still can't even believe what happened yesterday, it seems so surreal. It's crazy knowing I could've been dead right now.

I walk towards the sink and wet my hands and just rub my face and try to wash any oils off. I then brush my teeth trying not to move my arm so much.

I quickly, but quietly hop back into the room and feel a cool breeze as I head to my bag. I pull out a pair of sweat and a light sweater since I'm going to be sitting inside all day all alone. I sit back down on my bed and take off my pants before slipping on my sweats slowly. I try my best to put on my sweater but it was way too painful for me to do so I decide to just stay in my t-shirt and hope it's not cold downstairs.

I grab my phone and forcefully push myself up through the pain and go downstairs. I hop out of the room and a cold breeze hits me making me groan. I hop down the stairs slowly and take a seat on the couch. I grab the remote from next to me and flip through the channels trying to not think about how cold it is.

About almost ten minutes of looking for something decent to watch had passed until I landed on an episode of Spongebob which I honestly didn't mind watching.

I was halfway through the episode when I heard someone walk through the door. I turn my head back and see Ethan.

"Hey, what are you doing up so earlier?" Ethan asks and I turn my attention back to the TV. "Watching Spongebob, can't you see that?" I respond. He lets out a chuckle before sitting down on the purple chair next to me. I looked over at him to see him wearing black running shorts, a long sleeved, grey shirt and a grey beanie. He was all sweaty and his hair was sticking down to his forehead. He honestly looked really hot like this. What?

I look back up to his eyes and see him smiling but almost smirking. I feel my face heat up as I realized he probably caught me checking him out. I turn my head back to the screen and focus on the show.

"'Why are you up so early?' is what I meant to ask," he says and I look back over to him. "Well, I did sleep all day in the hospital so, I'm just not tired." "How did you manage to get down here?" "Well, I do still have one good foot and I was named the best at hopscotch in my neighborhood when I was six," I say. Ethan smiles and takes a sip from his water bottle.

"What about you, what are you doing up so early?" I ask. "I went for a run, can't you see that?" He says imitating me. "Oh, shut up!" I said causing him to laugh.

"Why did you go out for a run so early while we're kinda on a mini vacation?" I ask. "Usually when I have a lot on my mind, I like to go out for a run... or drink but I thought maybe drinking at 5:30 A.M. wasn't too good of an idea." "Yet at 8:00 A.M. it's okay?" I ask referring to how he used to drink a lot in the morning. "Still better than 5:30," he responds causing me to roll my eyes. "Why were you even up at 5:30?" I ask. "I couldn't stay asleep last night."

"Hey, how about you give me five minutes to go shower and I'll come down and make us breakfast," Ethan says standing up. "Ethan Dolan cooks without having to be asked or getting someone to help him?" I say gasping sarcastically. "I do, in fact," he says. "Oh, well okay," I respond with a smile. "Don't get your expectations too high, mine don't taste as good as my brothers shit banana mush that he dares to call a pancake," Ethan says heading towards the stairs causing me to let out a laugh before wincing in pain. "Mm, making you laugh isn't too great of an idea now is it?" Ethan says when he hears you groan in pain. "Yeah, just breathing hurts. It's way worse than yesterday," I answer. "Well, we'll see if the pain calms down in a few minutes, and if not, I can give you some pain killers," he says. "Okay," I respond before he heads up the stairs and into his room.