t w e n t y - o n e

[ RECAP SINCE I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN YEARS: Elena basically died but Ethan did CPR and revived her. Since then, Ethan and Elena started getting even closer. Blah blah blah, shit happens. Now Elena's mom just told her about her parents getting divorced and she gets upset causing her to run up to her room and Ethan following. They make out and Ethan admits his feelings for her. Now, enjoy this next chapter. ]

Chapter 21:

Elena's POV:

Ethan continues to run his hand through my hair as we lay in my bed with my eyes shut.

"I guess we should head back downstairs," I say letting out a sigh and opening up my eyes. "Yeah," Ethan says sitting up. We get out of bed and head down the stairs. We walk down into the kitchen to see my mom and Ethan's mom doing the dishes and putting all the food away.

I let out a scoff and my mom turns around to face me.

"Sweetie, you wanna talk?" My mom asks and Ethan wraps his arm around my waist. I look over at him and he gently nods. "Yeah," I say quietly and look down at my hands. Ethan places a kiss on top of my head before walking over to his mom to help her clean up.

My mom and I went up to my room and had a long conversation. She explained what was going on and how she had been dealing with all this. By the end of the conversation, I became more okay with everything but still, a bit hurt. I just wanted to make sure she was okay though.

We then moved onto the subject of Ethan.

"Soooo, is there something going on between you and Ethan now?" She asked as we sit on the edge of my bed. "Well..." I say and smile widely. "Are you guys dating now?" She asks smiling. "Um, actually, I don't know. He admitted he liked me when I ran out of the kitchen and I told him a couple weeks ago that I liked him too," I say. "It's about time you guys got together," she says and I let out a gentle giggle.

*

After a long talk with my mom, we went back downstairs but no one was to be seen. I pull out my phone to text Ethan but I see he had already texted me ten minutes ago.

Ethan: We're gonna watch a movie in the basement, come down when you guys have finished talking.

I let my mom know and we head down to the basement and into the room everyone was in. I smile at Ethan when I notice him smiling at me and take a seat next to him on the couch. He wraps his arm around me and pulls me into him.

*
11:26 A.M

I walk downstairs to see Maya, Grayson, and Evan sitting in the living room watching something on TV.

"Morning," I sat and take a seat next to Evan. They mumble back a 'good morning' and I ask where Ethan was. "He went out for a run," Grayson says. Fuck. Ethan says he goes for runs whenever he needs to think. He's probably regretting everything he said to me last night.

"Why? Did you wanna cuddle with him some more?" Maya says in a teasing tone. "What?" I ask. "I saw you last night cuddled up with him during the movie," she responds. "Ooo what was that about?" Evan asks. "Nothing," I mumble and my face starts to heat up. "Yeah, right," he responds and I roll my eyes. "When's Savannah and Ava coming back?" I ask trying to change the subject. "I think tonight or tomorrow," Maya responds. "Alright, well I'm going to shower," I say before heading upstairs.

I head to my bathroom and quickly strip off my clothes. I turn on the water and hop in once it has heated up. I begin to think of last night and where Ethan and I now stand now that he admitted he liked me. Are we going to start dating? Would it make everyone feel awkward? What happens if we do start dating and end up breaking up? That would fuck up everything. Maybe Ethan and I being together wouldn't be too good of an idea... But I just like him so much, I can't get over him. Fuck, what do I do?