Chapter 2

Harry's Pov:

The sorting hat's song filled the hall with information about uniting as a school and that peace shall come to all of us. At the gryffidor table there are 10 new 1st years. They all point at me and stare at my scar that no longer pains me.
"His eyes are further down." Ron jokes. I smile at him from across the table. "Ginny told me Harry. I'm happy for you but you really hurt my sister. I can't look at you with out getting mad. Just give me some time and I will get over it. Come on Hermione." They both walk away but before Hermione leaves she smiles at me.
"I know Harry that's it hard on you but I have to be here for Ron. Fred..." Her eyes fill with tears and she sits with the Weasley family.
"We all have lost people." I mutter to my self. Just gazing at the gryffindor table I see empty spaces. Colin Creevy, Lupin and Tonks. I can't take this. The faces of the dead overwhelm me. "I'm going to bed." I say to no one in particular while I leave the great hall.

Draco'a Pov:

Bored. I scan the hall but I no longer hold fear from the other students. A flash of raven hair leaves the gryffidor table. Now is my chance. "Going to the dorm, Blaise."
"What ever, fag." He scowls at me.
"How do you...?"
"Turning down a beautiful girl like Pansy." I hear her giggle.
"Well it's true." And I storm off.

My eyes are blurry from rage and I can't remember why I left the feast. BOOM. I hit into someone"What? Oh.. Sorry Potter." I spit at him.
"Come to tease?" Harry spits back.
"You and Loony Lovegood?"
"No. I'm gay." He sighs.

I don't know what made me do it.

It shouldn't of happened.

It did.

Harry's lips are softer than I expected. I pull him close to me and wrap my arms around his waist. Potter doesn't react. I have definitely caught him off guard. I pull away and his green eyes are full of confusion.

"Guess what Potter? So am I."

~page break~

My bed is warm but it makes me think of my old house elf called Dobby. In Slytherin we share a room with one other person but I'm by myself because there is no Crabbe or Golye. Potter's taste remains on my lips. Why the hell did I kiss him?

Before I can carry on thinking about Harry my door is opened abruptly. Pansy stands in the door way thrusting out her chest. "Blaise sent me in here to un-gay you." She's purrs.
"Doesn't work like that." I keep my eyes locked on hers.
"But Dray..." Pansy slowly walks in.
I jump off my bed and walk towards her. The girl squeaks excitedly. My forehead pushes against hers, my hand caressed around her cheek and I whisper in her ear. "Go bother someone else. Maybe Zabini? And tell him to get off my gay back or I just might end up loving him."
"Faggot." Pansy storms off and kicks my door for good measure on the way out.

~page break~

Morning couldn't come sooner. The great hall is full of people comparing their new time tables.

Mine reads: Monday. Lesson 1. Defence against the dark art.

I go to ask who teaches it but no one is sitting near me. Last night Pansy announced me being gay in the slytherin common room. Every one is giving me dirty looks and I feel weak with out Crabbe or Goyle behind me.

The walk to the classroom is lonely. No one in my house or school likes me. Neville is saying goodbye to Susan Bones in front of me. When he leaves her lips Longbottom gives me a dirty look. "Sorry." I mutter at him.

"Come in, class!" Potter shouts.
"You are teaching us?" Asks the boy weasel.
"Yes, I didn't have a chance to tell you." Harry gives Ron a meaningful look.
I sit in the desk right at the back of the newly rebuilt class room. "Books out and read about the unforgivable curses." Potter informs us.
"Aren't we doing something more exciting?" I say sarcastically.
"No. Practicals will take part next lesson but I presume most of us our equipped in that area.. We need to catch up on theory."
"Borrringggg." I yawn.
"MALFOY ONE MORE COMMENT AND I SWEAR YOU WILL BE IN DENTITION ALL WEEK." Harry's face is as red as Ron's hair.
"No."
"DETENTION TONIGHT." He shouts but his face twitches. Was that a wink? Is he only putting me into detention so he has an excuse to talk to me?

The rest of the day I walk around school looking forward to my detention with Potter.