Chapter 22

Draco's Pov:

Alone in my bed I sit sulking. You probably know why, but I shall tell you anyway, Harry fucking Potter left me behind. Looney lovegood, Neville Longbottom and girl Weasley can go. Yet he even doesn't have the decency to say goodbye. I'm furious. Absolutely furious. How can he do this to me? After everything. We have been through so much but he still abandons me. The school is crazy; there is a lack of lessons, overload of owls, students in shock and Blaise Zabini. A roar of rage vacates my mouth. I hate Harry Potter. Another cry escapes, this time filled with pain of the broken hearted. Pansy runs in, her hair fluffy, makeup half done.

"Are you okay?" She asks carefully.

"No." I hiss. "Are you stupid?"

The hurt in her eyes makes me immediately regret my words.

"Sorry Pansy. I'm just worried sick, stressed, nightmares and shit. I know you're only trying to help." I leave the protection of my duvet and walk towards her.

"No." She sighs. "I have been trying to help you for the last two weeks and all I get is snarky comments and rude words. Move on, Draco."

She struts out rather elegantly. All I'm left with is a tear stained scarf and the stench of my own body oder. I cleanse the tears off my face with a burning hot shower. The water provides me with a calming rhythm. Gently I scrub off layers of sweat and blood. My knuckles covered in cuts from where I have been punching walls. A sudden burst of anger spreads in my blood, starting with my heart, ending with a shattered mirror. Glass gathers at my feet. "Repairo." I mutter. That must be the 8th time I have broken and repaired that mirror. Fresh cuts graze my hands. The pain is numb compared to the burning sensation in my heart.

Days turn to weeks. The snows continues to fall. I have returned to Malfoy manner. Mother had to pick me up from Hogsmeade station as I refused to come home. Hogwarts has finally been shut down after the desoulisation of McGonagall. I wanted to stay for Harry. Surprisingly, no one would let me stay in a dementor infested castle by myself.

Neither of my parents know about Harry. So when ever I have a meltdown, I lie and say it was Pansy, that she broke up with me. It's not a masterpiece but it's believable. Although it has lead to the talk of arranged marriage around the dinner table. Beautiful, dark haired, green eyes, not Harry. Astoria Greengrass. A 6th year slytherin-snob. How do I get out of this one? Father desperately begs me to marry her.

"Draco, it will bring back family honour." He says it as if he almost cares about me.

"Fuck family honour. You destroyed it when you became a deatheater. When YOU forced your 16 year old son to become one of the dark lords servants. For what? Family honour. Well fuck family honour." I stand up, leave the dining room, and knock over a few chairs. Hopefully they will get the point.

Unfortunately, I left before dinner was served. Causing my stomach to growl horrifically. A month has passed with out contact with Harry. Why did I fall for the chosen one? Tears burn down my face. Where is he? I sob with my face buried in the pillow. Eventually, I fall into a fitful sleep.

"Draco? Sweetie, wake up."

"Harry?." I ask hopefully.

"Harry?!" A shocked, female tone replies. "It's your mother. Please explain to me what's wrong?"

She sits on the end of my bed. Her long blonde hair tied in a simple knot, her jaw line is strong, which is a juxtaposition to her weak smile. I face her. A smooth hand brushes back my; matted, grubby, sweaty hair making the pain seem less real.

"I'm gay. Me and Harry Potter have been in a relationship for about 3 months. Blaise Zabini kissed me, which almost destroy us, but Harry forgave me. Now he is destroying the source of dementors but I haven't had any contact with him since before the battle on Christmas Day." It all pours out with rivers of salty tears. Narcissa Malfoy reacts I'm the least Malfoyish way possible. She reacts with a hug and acceptance.

"Your dad must never know." She whispers lovingly.

Another week passes, the snow merges into heavy rain, Hogwarts is back open. The owl arrived about 9 o'clock this morning. Harry has been successful. Joy and fear battle in my mind. I get to see Harry! I get to see Harry...

The train leaves tomorrow, 11 o'clock, platform 9 and 3/4, the 1st of February. Mother kindly helps me pack my belongings. It doesn't take long; just a few flick of our wands. Why should we bother doing it the muggle way?

"Are you nervous?" Mother asks whilst stroking my back.

"Yes." I reply.

The next morning I awake early from my pathetic slumber. Huge bags sit underneath my eyes; I do not want Harry seeing me like this. Mother calls me done for breakfast. We make small talk over dining on quail's eggs on toast. Father is still desperate to set me up with Astoria GreengrAss. Like every other time I refuse. In retaliation he refused to take me to the station as if I cared about him.

Rain falls in a light drizzle as mother and I step out of the front door.

"It will be okay draco." She whispers reassuringly. I grab onto her arm.

"I know." Then we apparate.

Kings cross is full of muggles swarming on their trains; they don't look like the hogwarts express, their trains look more like snakes. My mother leaves me in the muggle world, waving goodbye as I slink through the wall, on the other side is Harry is greeting me.

I jump onto him. Hugging the boy as tightly as possible. Harry wriggles free and kisses me. Merlin, I feel so alive. The pain that haunted me for over a month fades away.

Harry pulls away. "I'm sor-"

I slap him around the face. My hand stings a lot like my heart. Apparently I haven't quite gotten over the betrayal.

I'm so sorry that this took so long. I was honestly trying my best to update quickly but life. I will promise to try harder!:)

Enjoy fanfiction97 x