Chapter 11

Draco's Pov:

As we draw closer to Christmas Harry and I have been spending more time with each other. Normally we are doing homework. Harry is very behind because he has to teach and attend constant meeting with McGonagall. The gryffidor boy is becoming more and more distant again and I'm desperately trying to pull him back in.

Harry spoke to Ginny about her attacking me. He filed it as a detention and got her to right a letter of apology. I accepted it gracefully as I don't want Harry to leave me.

None of the slytherins talk to me much anymore, which is better, Blaise constantly gives me shady looks. Currently I'm in the library studying with Granger.

"I'm so glad I can study with you Draco." Hermione whispers so the librarian can't hear. "None of the boys like studying." She smiles sweetly and I smile back.

"Hogsmeade weekend. What sho-" I'm interrupted by harsh shh. "What should I get Harry?" I say quieter.

"OUT." The Librarian shouts.

"No." Granger pouts.

"What?" Shock fills the lady's face.

"We are the only ones in here."

"OUT!"

"Let's go." I drag Hermione out.

Outside the library we bump into Ron. I quickly drops his girlfriend's wrist. Hermione jumps on him and laughs. The boy looks puzzled by her actions but quickly hugs her back.

"Detention with Slughorn. Harry got out of it for being a teacher." He huffs. "Hogsmeade weekend." Ron says smiling at me. "You coming with us?"

"I would like too, if it isn't any trouble." I say politely.

"Of corse it isn't Draco!" Hermione shouts. I guess she is still trying to wind up the librarian (I wish I knew her name).

The air grows cold around us, the lights have flickered out, the librarian screams. A rasping breath comes towards us. Out of the darkness a dementor appears. Hermione is gripping onto Ron while he is trying to cower behind her.

"I can't produce a patronus charm." I turn around a say softly. I'm scared.

Hermione steps in front of me, her eyes closed, whispering her happiest memory. "Expecto Patronum." She mutters. A small otter leaves her wand.

Darkness blurs my vision.

~page break~

"Hogsmead this weekend." Harry's cheeky grin fills his face whle the lights of the hospital wing flicker in his eyes. Weakly, I smile back. "The Dementor found a way in, Slughorn has been working his socks off trying to figure it out."

"You gave Dobby a sock." I say whilst tracing his lightning bolt scar with my middle finger. When Harry nods his hair flies around like untamed, wild beast. "He's dead." Harry nods again. My hand is still caressed around his face. Bellatrix killed him, my own aunt, killed a house elf. "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For being me. For being related to the person who killed Dobby and your Godfather. For being part of the death eaters. For bulling you, Hermione and Ron. For.. for.." And that's when I break down in tears. Strong arms embrace my body as it shakes from my sobs. "Sorry, Sorry..." I carry on muttering although I can't hear any response. Harry's hand strokes my hair until I calm down enough to let go of him. He kisses me. On the forehead, the nose, the lips. A warm steadiness fills my shivering body. Cough. Madam Promfrey ends it before it can start.

"I Love you Draco." Harry then turns to Madem Promfrey. "Shame about these dementors." He says casually, as if he was commenting on the weather. A pair of eyes watch him unimpressed. "Well... I better be off." He smirks and runs out.

As soon as he leaves Madam Pomfrey laughs. "He's a keeper." She winks at me while handing me a bar of chocolate.

Authors note:

Sorry for any grammar issues ( I wanted to update soon)

THANK YOU FOR 1K READS.

Im like crazy happy.

Thank you so much.

hope you enjoy

fanficion97 x