Chapter 24

Harry's Pov:

After a few days in St.Mungos swapping between my bed and McGonagall's, who is still soulless, I return to Hogwarts. Standing on the platform I wait for Draco in the cold, crisp sun. Manically searching for Draco's grey eyes and a pale complexion in an enormous crowd. Before I can see him a body collides with mine. It takes a few moments to realise it's him. I kiss him gently on the neck; I pull away from his tight embrace and crash my lips with his. After a few seconds, which feel like eternity, Draco pulls away and his hand greets me with a slap.

"I'm sorry." I say. There is no need to me to explain my apology, no need to explain my reasons for leaving him behind. Draco knows me like I’m part of his body while I’m left clueless about his thoughts. For years it has been like this, Draco always able to anticipate my moves. So it is not surprising that I’m flabbergasted by his next action.

"Tell me about it all on the Train. At Hogwarts we have two months of catching up to deal with. And it's Valentine’s Day tomorrow." Draco winks. I was expecting a lecture on how I have been a bad boyfriend, how I abandoned him, broke his heart. If I'm honest, I’m a little hurt he didn't react in that manner. Not letting the pain gather on my face I grasp his arm and pull him onto the Hogwarts Express. We find our own compartment and snuggle in the corner closest to the window. Draco rest his head upon my lap, laying elgenlantly across the seat, his eyes focused on mine.

We arrive at Hogwarts just as I finish the tale. Draco kept on asking questions causing me to take much longer than expected. The great hall is decorated like the start of term feast and as per usual the headmaster starts with a speech. I join the Gryffindor table sliding between Ginny and Hermione. Professor Flitwick stands behind the golden owl podium.

"I, Professor Flitwick, am your new headmaster. We shall start the term again but with only Sundays off at the weekend." He pauses to allow the hall to groan. "Terrible, I know, do not get me started but it was the only way one could keep the summer holidays. Obviously, there has been a few teaching changes. Head of Hufflepuff is Professor Sprout, Slytherin is Slughorn, Ravenclaw me and Gryffindor Professor Percy Weasley." Ginny and Ron groan loudly enough for their older brother to hear. "Professor Weasley will also be our new... Transfiguration teacher." A Ravenclaw fourth year sobs loudly. Attracting the attention to the missing member of staff. "Yes... Well, as Professor Dumbledore once said, let the feast begin."

Hundreds on plates litter the table filled with: roast potatoes, ham, parsnips, beef, peas, carrots, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, chicken and so much more. I dive in; this is my first hearty meal since Christmas. Gravy splatters on my hand as I pour it all over my meats. The first mouthful is delicious, so are the second and the third. The meal doesn't take long to finish. I don't bother having seconds as I’m waiting for desert. Just as my stomach grumbles for more the empty plates are replaced by puddings. I grab the nearest treacle tart and stick my spoon in; not sharing it with anyone. To others I must look like a starved animal which is catalysed by the image of my drool going everywhere. From across the table Dean Thomas consciously wipes my spit of his forehead while giving me a stern look. Awkwardly I smile as an apology which was a bad idea; Dean and the surrounding Gryffindors cringe at my treacle tart teeth.

 Once we are finished the students head to the dorms; Draco and I shall be heading towards the room of requirements. Unfortunately, As I’m also a teacher I get grabbed into a meeting. It's tedious. I re-tell the story in the charms class room. All the tables and chairs are pulled together to create a large meeting table. Around the table governors sit alongside the teachers wearing dark formal robes; there best clothes have been chosen due to Kingsley Shaklebolt sitting on Flitwick’s left. There ages range from around thirty to eighty. All of them listen to my tale attentively. Important people tell me what my amazing work has achieved. Apparently we trapped 80% of the dementor population in that nightmarish cave. Praise upon Praise I receive. No one listens when I claim that it wasn’t just me. They carry on for ages. Discussing my best moments; how the ministry mistreated me, how I’m so modest. Everyone excluding a forty-something man with one blue eye and one brown, wearing plain grey robes and thick brown hair. He looks like he could kill me; strangle me over the table in front of the minister. Instead he glares at me with a sweltering rage.

 The meeting carries on for another hour. Draco is undoubtedly asleep on the sofa in our room of requirements with his blonde hair askew. Flitwick dismisses us, then the tables and chairs with a flick of his wand. As I walk out someone grabs my arm lightly. I turn to see two eyes, one brown, and one blue. The owner smirks.

 "Mr. Potter, One last thing.” Says Mr. Peculiar eyes. "You can inform Mr. Malfoy that daddy knows about your little thing."