Gone, Gone, Gone!

Kimberly's POV
Current day.

"Are you sure you're okay? "Isabel stared at me with concern written all over her face. I faked a smile and then nodded.

" I'm fine, I just- " I paused. "I need to be alone."

She looked at me for a while and then nodded. She knew I wasn't okay. She could see right through me, but she didn't want to push. She knew I'd talk when I was ready.

"I'll call you." She called after me as I alighted from the car. I waved and then moved towards the door. I watched the car drive off before I turned the door knob and then pushed it open. I walked in slowly and then looked around. The lights were off. So was the TV. It seemed so quiet, almost as if no one was in. I dropped my bag on the counter and then reached for the switch.
The bulbs came on, bringing brightness into the sitting room. I squinted.

"Mum?" I walked further into the house. My stomach cringed. It all felt so familiar. "Mum?" I continued but still, there was no reply. I walked into the room and then turned the lights on and then rushed towards the closet. I pushed it open and then gasped.

No!

Her things were gone, all of it. My knees failed me and all the tears I had kept bottled up came pouring down.

She was gone.

I fell to my knees and then clasped my face in my hands as I began to sob out loud. I had no idea why I was so affected by the fact she had abandoned me again.

But I needed her.

No matter how crazy she was, I needed her to stay alive, and coming to that acceptance hurt like crazy.

"Kimmy! "I heard the door open softly behind me, followed by a thud. I looked up immediately. I knew that voice all too well.

"Mum! "
Before I knew what was happening, my legs were running towards her. I hugged her tightly. Thank God.

"Oh my gosh, mum!" I sobbed. "I-I thought-" I paused again. I was just so relieved to see her. "Your bags were gone." I finally said. She looked at me with confusion written all over her face for a while before she grinned.

"I went shopping." She turned towards the shopping bags which now laid scattered on the floor." I got us new stuff, Kimmy. Expensive stuff." I frowned." We're having turkey for dinner tonight." She continued.

We never had turkey, even during thanksgiving.

I guessed I had really been sold off after all. I felt a drop of tear roll down my cheek as I watched her scurry towards the shopping bags. She began to stuff the clothes back into the shopping bags and then moved towards me. "These are for you." She stretched them towards me. "I got so many beautiful stuff for you Kimmy." She continued. I felt another drop of tear roll down my cheek.
Sometimes, I wished I could just leave her. Go somewhere far away and start my life all over but I couldn't. She dropped the bags on the floor beside me when I didn't collect them.

"I'll go make dinner for the both of us." She continued and then made for the door.

" If-" I started "If I get married to Mr. Monroe, would it make you happy?" I blurted out. She halted. "Will you finally be satisfied?"

She looked at me for a while before she nodded.

"Yes Kimmy, it'll make me very happy." She admitted. I looked at her for a while. Her words stung like crazy and she didn't even realize she was hurting me. Tears filled my eyes once more. I sniffed and then nodded.

" Fine " I sniffed again." Then I'll do it."I paused. I couldn't believe what I was going to say.

"I'll get married to Mr. Monroe " I nodded. " I will do whatever you want me to do." I bit my lip. It felt as though my heart had been ripped into a thousand pieces. A smile broke out on her face.

"Thank you, Kimmy." She rushed towards me and then clasped my arms in hers. "Thank you so much. You have no idea what this means to me." She continued. Another tear drop rolled down my cheek.
I knew what it fucking meant to her.

Three million dollars.

"But I want you to promise me one thing." I paused. She rose her eyes in anticipation.

"Anything."

I drew in a deep breath..

"Live a better life Mum." I sniffed. "Be better." I added. "If not a better Mum, then be a better person "

She looked at me for a while and for a moment, I thought I saw a glint of hurt pass through her eyes but it disappeared almost as soon as it appeared.

"I'll make dinner good." She looked at me for a while and then walked away.

Hey guys.....
So... I know y'all are wondering WTF is wrong with Kimberly, kissing up to Gloria's ass like that. Don't get irritated just yet, and keep reading.

Xoxo😘