Bahamas

Kimberly's POV

I looked up slightly from the book in my hands the moment I felt the car come to a halt. I glanced down at my wristwatch.

Barely fifteen minutes had passed.

We couldn't possibly be in Bahamas already.

This wasn't even the way to the airport.

My thoughts were interrupted when the door to the back sit where I sat opened slowly.

"Mrs. Monroe." Paul said stiffly. I looked at him and he made a subtle nod.

"We're here." He told me." I looked at him for a few seconds and then slowly alighted. I brushed some strands of hair the wind had blown into my face away and then looked around,taking in the sight of the vast empty concrete ground we were parked.....and then my jaw dropped.

Not too far away from us was the most magnificent plane I'd ever seen. And believe me when I say I'd been in a lot of planes.

The exterior was mainly white with a black lining on the bottom. On the black, the words "K. Monroe" was spelled out in beautiful calligraphy.

Beside the air stair,two men stood,one on each side,both formally dressed. I turned to face Paul, barely able to hide my astonishment.

"Is this--" I started. He said nothing but his eyes gleamed in response.

"Please come with me." He said and then began to move towards the plane. I followed closely behind him, holding on tightly to my dark coat, just in case one of the guards at the entrance tried to stop me. Rather when I walked past them, there was something about the way they looked at me.

Respect.

They looked at me with respect.

I eased my way up the stair and then halted when I got inside,barely stopping myself from reaching out to touch the red fur on the floor. It was a perfect combination of black, and white, and a red fur rug. Beautiful white double sofas adorned the interior, alongside a transparent glass table in front of each sofa.

"Please take a seat,Mrs. Monroe." Paul said as though he'd been waiting patiently for me to take in the view. I felt my cheeks turn a light shade of pink as I walked stiffly towards one of the sofas and then sat down.

Thankfully, the softness of the sofa didn't come as a surprise to me due to the few days I'd spent in Keenan's house....

In my new home.

"And please fasten your seatbelt. We'll be leaving any minute." Paul said and then waited till I'd done as he said before he turned and then disappeared down a corridor. The plane starts to glide steadily and then accelerates and before we soar,I hear a voice through the speakers.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Monroe. This is Captain just passing on some information. We'll be flying at an altitude of 37,000 feet,speed it 430kilometers per hour. Please fasten your seatbelt and we'd arrive safely in Bahamas in approximately two hours and forty minutes. I'd urge you to sit back and enjoy the ride"

And then we took off.

           ***************
There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there's a bigger infinite set between 0 and 2,or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like thought us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbound set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get and God,I want more numbers for August Walters than he got. But,Gus,my love,I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me forever within the numbered days and I'm gratefu--'

"Mrs. Monroe." Paul called,making me quickly look up from the book in my hands. Paul watched me with a confused expression as I slowly cleaned my tears away with the back of my hand and then faked a smile.

Just like the captain said,we'd arrived in two hours and about forty minutes. I had been so engrossed in the book I was reading, I had become so oblivious to all the other things happening around me, It was always like this when I read.

It wasn't the first time I'd read the 'fault in our stars',believe me,I'd read it at least twice. But this time,I really understood.

I really understood.

Paul watched me with curious eyes for a few seconds. I sniffed and then smiled thinly.

"You were saying?"

"We're here." He told me. I sighed and for the first time in three hours,I let my gaze meet the window. I felt my jaw drop in awe as I stared at the penthouse in front of me.

This had to stop happening.

I let my eyes roam around the exterior of the penthouse, illuminated by what seemed like thousands of lights coming from the rooms. My eyes studied the beautiful dragon shaped fountain in the center of the compound and I suddenly felt the urge to run my fingers through the sculpture. The sweet scent of flowers lingered around the air and I didn't have to guess to know it was coming from the perfectly trimmed garden not too far away from where the car was parked.

"Mrs. Monroe?" Paul called softly, trying not to startle me. I felt my cheeks turn a slight shade of pink when I turned to face him.

It wasn't the first time he'd seen me this way anyway.

"Your husband awaits you." He said subtly. My cheeks flushed and I felt my breath hitch.

Husband...

For some reason, I bit down on my lower lip and my hands felt sweaty all of a sudden. I watched him pull the door to the drivers seat open. I opened the door and then climbed out even though I knew he was coming to get my door. I closed the door behind me.

"This way." He told me and then moved towards the door.  followed close behind him,stuffing my hands in the pocket of my long black coat  . The door swung open before Paul even pressed the bell. He walked in quickly and I followed quietly behind him.

"Welcome,Mrs. Monroe." A voice greeted from behind the door. I felt my cheeks turn even pinker.

I was not used to this kind of treatment.

I muttered a silent 'thank you' as I followed Paul, trying not to make my staring obvious.  After a few seconds, we stopped in front of a set of brown double doors. I drew in a deep breath as Paul wrapped his hand around the door knob and then exhaled when he pushed it open. He looked at me and then gave me a sign to go in.

I ran my fingers through my long black hair quickly and then walked into the room. My eyes roamed around,talking a minute to drink it in. It was designed to look like a bar--a mini-bar with very few seats. I felt my stomach flip when I noticed a familiar pair of brown eyes staring at me.

And then my eyes moved...

To the other pair of blue eyes in the room.

Short A/N: Please, don't forget to hit the star★😉🙏.