Another Gone

Kimberly's POV

I starred at the television,a blank expression on my face. Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Renee watching me from across the breakfast bar like I was expected to have another panic attack. But I had no idea what I was supposed to feel.

"The body was identified to be that of twenty six year old Isabel Grayson who was reported  missing two weeks ago. Right now the body of the deceased is being escorted to the hospital for further investigation as i speak. Monroe and Co ,along with all its staff is currently under investigation with Keenan Monroe as prime suspect. We are all aware that the self-made billionaire has been involved in such similar cases. However,he has never failed to prove his innocence. Will the almighty Keenan Monroe be able to pull through this this time?"

I felt the colour slowly drain away from my cheeks. My best friend was dead......my husband was a prime suspect.

I was going to throw up.

I watched as Keenan walked out of the company building and sure enough, a swarm of reporters surrounded him, throwing various questions at him.

"Mr. Monroe,are you really responsible for the death of the deceased Miss Grayson?"

"Where were you at the time of her murder?"

"What was your relationship with the deceased,Mr. Monroe?"

"Did you really have an affair with the deceased?"

"What did Mrs. Grayson have on you? Why did you suddenly decide to get your hands dirty? Why did you suddenly decide to kill her?"

Keenan remained silent,his head poised in the same elegance he carried everywhere as though he was not being accused of murder. He followed silently as Paul guided him to the limo parked not too far away......until an elderly woman grabbed him by the shirt.

"Murderer!" Her words were full of hatred. I recognized her instantly..... Mrs. Waters.

Isabelle's neighbor.

She'd lived next door to Isabel for as long as I could remember, I couldn't remember the moments before she had moved in next door to Izzy.

"Isabel was a nice girl. She didn't deserve to die!" She sobbed, tugging harder on his shirt. I couldn't exactly pick out the expression on Keenan's face but still,he didn't move. He did absolutely nothing to stop her.....not even when she began to scream bloody murder. The reporters began to take pictures of the whole incident. Finally,Paul managed to pull the woman away from him. I watched him take quick steps towards the limo and then get in. Paul followed and the limo zoomed off.

My stomach churned.

Isabel was gone.......

My best friend was gone....