A New Life

Kimberly's POV

A light moan escaped my mouth as I turned to lie on my side. I opened my eyes slowly and then shut them immediately. I opened them again, and it took a short moment for my eyes to get used to the brightness of the room. I inhaled, taking in the sweet scent of fresh white roses. My favorite. My gaze lingered on the flower vase for a short moment before it moved through the room. The bright decorated tiles, the white curtains, the maroon and black striped bed spread on the king sized bed, the white ceiling with two beautiful silver chandeliers dangling from it, the brown polished book shelf with hundreds of books simply crying out to me. I ran my hand through my hair and then sat up. I could live like this forever. I reached for my phone and then checked for messages. There was one from Mum and one from Roxi. The one from mum came first and the familiarity of her voice washed over me as her voice came blaring through the speakers.

"Kimmy!" She squealed. "How are you? How was your first night as a Monroe?"she paused. "Don't-don't answer that. Anyway, I just called to check up on you. Hope you're okay." She paused. "Kimmy, I just want you to know that no matter what happens, no matter what you hear, I love you, and giving you away was the hardest decision I ever made." Her voice broke. I frowned. "I know what you're thinking right now and I can assure you, I'm definitely not crying right now. I just have a little something in my eyes and I -" she paused. "I just want you to be happy. To have everything I couldn't give to you, to be able to walk around with your head up high. I love you, Kimmy. I always will. Never forget that."
I cleaned my eyes with the back of my hand and then sighed before I opened the next message.

"Hey Kim." This was Roxi." How are you? Hope you're okay. I was hoping we could talk yesterday but Dre told me you already left. There's something I think you should know. Call me when you get this."

I sighed and then dropped my phone as I made a mental note to call her after I took a shower.

Still no word from Isabel.

I slid off the bed quite easily and ignoring the pair of flip flops beside the bed, I let my feet feel the coldness of the tiles beneath them. I moved towards the balcony and then pushed the door open. I gasped, taking in the view of the pool downstairs and a smile played on my lips. It all seemed so ... perfect. The blue sky, blue water, the rainbow colored sunbeds, the colorful umbrella's, the white towels on each bed. I felt perfect. I walked towards the bathroom, skipping some steps as I did. I slid out of my night dress and then turned on the shower. A shrill of delight passed through my body when I felt the hot water hit my back.

I could get used to this. I really could.

Roxi's POV

I paced around the living room anxiously, my gaze buried in my phone. It had been four hours exactly since I left a voicemail for Kim and I was yet to hear from her. I had tried her number several times afterwards but it went straight to voicemail...again. I dropped my phone and then reached for the small brown envelope on the table.

I really wished she'd call me back before I let my curiosity get the best of me.

I ran my fingers through my hair, grabbing my phone the moment it rang.

Andre.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I touched the 'answer call icon' and then placed the phone close to my ear.

"Dre." I breathed. I flicked my tongue over my lip. "Tyrese?" My breathing hitched. "I don't-" I stammered. "Don't do anything stupid. Give me a moment, I'll be right there." I hung up.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I picked up the envelope. I walked towards my drawer and then pulled the last compartment open.

I pulled out a small brown box and pulled the lid open.

I let out a breath as I placed the envelope in it and then shut the box.

Whatever this was would have to wait.