I Choose You.

Roxi's POV

For a short moment,time stopped.

My heart was beating hard against my chest.

He hadn't seen me yet.

I meant to reach out to him,to do something to get his attention....to call his attention. But every time I tried to,something pulled me back.

I realized I was scared.

With Will,I didn't know what to expect.

But i knew what I wanted.

I wanted a future. I wanted a happy ending. I wanted forever. And I was scared that he still mightn't be ready for that commitment. That maybe in a few more years,he would regret asking me to stay...that i would regret staying.

I drew in a deep breath and then exhaled.

This was Will, The father of my unborn child. Will who i had met six years ago. Will who i was married to.

Will who I loved.

As if on cue,he looked up and his eyes met mine.

I held my breath and I watched his eyes grow wide. He sat still for a few seconds, his body tense. And then he stood up from the bench,his eyes wide.

I watched him attempt to cross the road and almost immediately, the bus pulled over in front of him,blocking him from my view.

So much for fate.

A moment later,he appeared behind the bus and he was running towards me.

He was running towards me.

I froze completely, my heart beating rapidly against my chest as he neared. Words dried in my throat as I looked up at him wide eyed, his expression mirroring mine.

"Roxi." He breathed,a strong trail of alcohol in his breath. It was obvious that he had been drinking but I didn't know exactly how drunk he was yet. I watched his eyebrows narrow in confusion. "Wh-what are you-"He stammered, struggling to find the right words. "I thought you'd leave. I thought-" He was saying and then he turned away, muttering to himself.

I'd noticed it was something he did when he was trying to put his thoughts together.

And then he was laughing.

He was laughing so hard, calling the attention of other passers by around us. My gaze shifted but when I turned back at him,I noticed his laugh had faded and tears were gathering in his eyes.

He stalked slowly towards me,stopping when there was barely any space left between us and he stared right into my eyes, sending a thousand shock waves through my body. I watched him curiously, feeling tears well up in my eyes.

What had I done?

He stared at me for a few seconds, the confusion in his eyes more evident now.

"Y-you're not real." He turned away and then began to walk towards the opposite direction.

"I'm-I'm loosing my mind." He chucked. "I'm loosing my fucking mind." His words slurred.

"Will!" I went after him.

"She loves him. She's always loved him." He continued, staggering a little.

"Will!" I called again, tugging my heels off as it was difficult to walk fast in them. I increased my pace until I was standing in front of him. "Will, stop!" I raised my voice a bit and this time,he did listen.

"Let's go home." My voice broke. He was silent for a few seconds, and then he shook head.

"You're not real." He said quietly and then turned to go. He sounded tired. Defeated.

"Will-"

"You're not real." He started to walk away.

Just how much did he have to drink?

"William, Stop!" I grabbed his arm, moving to stand in front of him once more. "Will, I choose you." I told him. He seemed to relax a bit, his gaze focused on our joined hands. But after a few seconds, he shook his head and then pulled his gaze away. "There was never really a choice to make, it will always be you."

"You're not-"

"I am here, Will." I took a step towards him. "I'm not going anywhere." I assured him. He released a shaky breath, finally turning look at me once more. "I'm not going anywhere." I repeated.

"Promise?" He asked slowly, bringing his gaze to meet mine. I drew in a deep breath and then exhaled.

"I promise." I whispered under by breath as I wrapped my hands around his neck and then pulled him close to me,standing on my toes so I could bury my face in the crook of his neck. Immediately, his hands went around my waist,pulling me impossibly close. He inhaled deeply and then exhaled and I could feel his breathing regularize.

"I love you,Roxi." He breathed. "I love you so much."

It was almost a whisper and I could have missed it if not for our close proximity.

I knew that he was drunk and that he probably wouldn't remember anything in the morning.

I knew that a lot of explanations will have to be done in when the sun rose.

I also knew that whatever I said would be long forgotten in the morning.

So I did the one thing I told myself I wouldn't do....I said the one thing I convinced myself I'd never say again.

"I love you too,Will."

Guys, I'm soooo sorry about the late update. This is a shitty chapter too,i know that. Still trying to get my groove back😩.

Vote,Comment, Share.

-Love,Chay