Revealing Secrets

Ruby's POV

Thud!

The sound of my book hitting hard against the hard metal walls of my locker echoed over and over through the now empty hallway.

Aside from the weird ones who decided that spending recess in the library was fun, majority of the other students were having lunch in the cafeteria.

And here I was,standing all alone in the empty locker room of Martial Arts. I sighed and momentarily, my mind drifted to my bracelet.

My bracelet....

It was gone now.

I looked down at the silver charm bracelet Jessica had given me this morning before I left for school. It was nothing like the one I'd lost but at least it was something.

I just hope it brings me as much lock as the original.

I sighed, tucking a few loose strands of hair behind my ears as I closed my locker gently.

At least,Jason wasn't bothering me today.. It had to be a sign.

I smiled thinly and then made for the cafeteria when-

"Ruby Kent!" A voice called from behind. I froze. Completely.

Well, think of the devil, and the devil shall come.

If it wasn't the authority in his voice, or the strong unforgettable scent of his cologne, then it was most definitely the fact that nobody here at Martial Arts called me Ruby Kent.....nobody but him. I whirled around slowly.

I watched him draw closer, holding a piece of paper in his hand. My gaze followed his every movement, prepared to scream bloody murder if anything went wrong.

He stopped when he was few steps away from me.

And then he smiled.

A pure,beautiful smile.

I watched him with narrowed eyes.

Was it okay to scream now?

"I've been looking all over for you." He continued. I turned to look around the hallway to make sure there wasn't someone else behind me.

"Me?" I placed a hand on my chest,sounding just as confused as I felt.

"I got you something." He said, completely ignoring my question. He stretched one out of the two pieces of paper towards me and then forcefully pushed it into my hand when I didn't voluntarily collect it. I swallowed hard and then looked at the pap er.

"What's this?" I asked him and immediately regretted it the moment his lips started to curve.

"A consent form." He smirked. "We're going to New Jersey." He paused. "Partner."

Kimberly's POV

"Isabel." I blurted out before I could stop myself. "Isabelle Grayson." I said. Detective Jared looked at me,a satisfactory look on his face that said he had me exactly agree where he wanted me.

"If you don't mind me asking, what was your relationship with the late Miss. Grayson?" He asked. I licked my lip and then exhaled, trying to keep my shit together.

"We grew up together. She was my best friend." I said quietly.
He looked at me for a few seconds.

"Did you know then? That your best friend sold information on people? Politicians? Business men? Rulers?" He asked. I nodded. "Did you also know that the deceased was visiting your husband few days before he died? I spoke to his former personal assistant Phoebe some days ago. I'm sure you've met her?" He asked. My eyebrows narrowed.

I remembered her.

The sassy,gum-chewing annoying secretary Izzy and I had met the first day I visited Monroe and Co.
"The deceased was seen going in and out of his office on very frequent occasions and from what I heard,she always went in upset and came out looking even more upset. Did she talk to you about any of this?" He asked. I drew in a deep breath and then shook my head.

He was trying to get into my head..

And it seemed to be working.

I was so confused.

I knew that because of the nature of Isabelle's work, she had to keep a lot of secrets.... that was supposed to be her way of protecting me.

But if she really really did know Keenan before I married him, then I didn't know what to think anymore.

"Did you also know that your husband transferred money to the account of the deceased? Huge amount of money? Hundreds of thousands of dollars?" He asked. I looked at him and then pulled my gaze away,feeling the air around me grow thin.

What in Gods name was going on?

"And also, when she died her body was discovered in front of Monroe and Co." He told me. I drew in a deep breath and then turned to face him.

"You think my husband killed her?" I raised an eyebrow. He watched me for a few seconds before he leaned backwards and placed his feet on the table.

God,I was going to throw up.

"I'm not saying your husband killed anybody,Mrs. Monroe." He stated. "There's no evidence and so I have no right to make such accusations. What I can say though is that Keenan is a prime suspect for the murder of Miss Grayson and I need your cooperation to get to the bottom of this case." He told me.

I cleared my throat and then leaned into my chair, fighting hard against my gag reflex and for some reason, I saw a small smile cross his face.

Smelly detective.

Fighting the urge to pinch my nose or say something extremely honest, I exhaled.

"Keenan was with me when Izz--" I paused. "Isabelle passed away." I raked my fingers though my hair. "And he was with me earlier today when Mrs. Brown passed away." I continued and then sighed. "Izzy was my family. And I want justice for her death just as badly as you want to be done with this case. Hell,I'd do anything to give her the justice that she deserves." I stopped to draw in a deep breath and immediately regretted it. "But Keenan didn't kill her." I told him and then pulled my gaze away. "If you don't mind,I'd like to go home now." I told him. "Please." I added. He looked at me for a few seconds before he ran his hands through his dreads and then nodded.

"Sure." He turned towards the glass. "We're done here,let her through." He announced. I stood up and then rush towards the door the moment I heard the metal door creek open. I walked out and then drew in a deep breath,happy to breathe in something clean for a change.

"Mrs. Monroe." Paul said as he approached me. I looked at him and then looked further into the hall,my eyes searching. "I'm sorry. Something came up and your husband had to leave." He said as though he had read my mind. I looked at him and then faked a smile,not wanting to seem disappointed... But I was. For some reason,I'd expected to see him standing behind that glass when I walked out.

"But-" Paul continued. I raised both eyebrows. "He did instruct that I bring you over immediately after your interrogation." He added. I looked at him for a few seconds, causing him to lower his gaze.

"And where exactly is over?" I asked. He was quiet for a few seconds.

"Bahamas." He paused. "The Bahama island."

Short A/N

So.....three chapters in one day😂. I promised myself I would do a triple update today since I haven't exactly been able to update frequently for a while now.

I'm feeling so inspired right now so don't be surprised if another update comes in soon😂😂.

Anyway, please don't forget to make my star☆ darker★ and just hit the star below😊.

-Love,Chay.