Hickey(s)

Kimberly's POV

Keenan stayed true to his word.

When I woke up, he was gone.

He'd given me a heads-up,told me what to expect, but still I couldn't help the feeling of disappointment tugging at the back of my mind.

I was hoping we could talk.

Or that he'd want to say goodbye.

But apparently, neither of those mattered to him.

I rubbed my eyes slowly, wrapping the blanket around my body as I stood up. I had no idea why I was being so self-conscious since I was practically alone but I couldn't help it.

Everything smelled like him. Everything down to the blanket I was holding.

I attempted to run my fingers through my hair but then quickly halted when I realized my hair was packed into a loose ponytail.

Something I didn't recall doing.

It was him,I knew it was.

A smile tugged at my lips as I let my eyes survey the room I was in.

Unlike mine,his was a balanced combination of black and brown. It was huge and completely furnished but aside from the expensive furniture and chandelier, there was nothing personal about it.

No picture frames, No littered cloths, or music instruments, or even books.

Nothing to show that a person actually lived here, until my eyes momentarily fell on a piece of black clothing folded neatly on the bed. It blended so well with the sheets I could have missed it.

Leaning in,I picked up the sweatshirt peeling off the yellow paper card that was attached to it.

It said; Dinner, seven o'clock?

My heart did a thousand back flips as I stared at the piece of paper in front of me. A feeling of déjà voo washed over me but this time,I wasn't scared or confused.

As a matter of fact, I was pretty sure I was grinning like an idiot.

But my grin seemed to fade when I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror.

Fuck me.

He'd marked me.

Not once, But three times.

I stared at the red spots on my body. One on the left side of my neck,one a little bit closer to my chest region and one on my shoulder blade.

I bit hard on my lower lip,feeling a smile tug at the corner of my lips and I wasn't even sure why. I was giddy and excited and I sure as hell did feel like a lovesick teenager.

All it took was a simple gesture.

A rubber band,and a sweatshirt,and an invitation to dinner, and maybe a few hickeys but I was certain I'd be counting the minutes till seven.

Ruby's POV

"-and I don't think that'd be a good idea." I said as I pulled my locker open and then turned to Jessica who seemed obnoxious to every single thing I was saying. Instead, she drifting into space in a tiny bubble she'd created.

It was weird.

Weird that I'd caught her staring into space a lot more often in the past few days than she had the entire year.

"Jess?" I raised an eyebrow.

She jerked swiftly, turning to face me once more,her cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

"Oh-I'm--I'm sorry, you were saying?" She ran her fingers through her hair. "Oh,right. Totally. I could come over and help you pack. That wouldn't be a problem." She said as I gave her a weird glance.

"Are things okay at home?" I asked quietly after a moment. She looked completely lost for the first five seconds and then she shrugged.

"Things are-" She paused. "Normal,I guess. I dunno."

I eyed her suspiciously for a second.

Something was definitely off.

"You know you can always sleep over right?" I asked and she seemed to relax.

"Yeah. Sure. I'm just going through some stuff right now." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and then licked her lip, trying her best to appear natural but it didn't stop the squeaking sound the heel of her black ankle boots made as she scraped them nervously against the floor.

"Great." I rolled my eyes. "More secrets." I continued. "First, you won't tell me about the mysterious guy you're seeing and now, you won't even tell me what's up with you." I pouted. She sent me an apologetic look and then sighed.

"I'm really sorry Ruby." She pursed her lip. "I promise, I'll tell you when the time is right. Now's just not the time."

"Is it about him?" I raised an eyebrow. She opened her mouth to say something but her words were instantly cut off by the sudden outburst of murmurs in the locker room.

"Hi Mr. Belvedere." A girl greeted, smirking loudly as she twirled a lock of hair around her finger.

I almost missed the look of disgust that crossed Jessica's face as she whirled around.

Maybe I was seeing things.

Which I really hoped I was.

But Mr. Belvedere looked really concerned when he glanced at Jessica. There was something about the way he held her gaze. Something about the way her body seemed to relax.

I watched them, silently praying that he would walk past us. Silently praying that I was being paranoid. But that thought went out the window the moment he stopped in front of my locker.

"Miss Kent,Miss Lee." He looked at me and then Jessica respectively.

"Good morning Mr. Belvedere." Jessica's tone was formal and distant to the point that she almost fooled me.

But I saw.

I saw that she saw him.

Just like he saw her.

"Miss Lee,I would like to see you in my office if you don't mind." His eyes moved from me to Jessica once more before he walked away. Jessica turned to face me almost immediately and she looked guilty but she tried tried hide it.

"I gotta go." She smiled faintly. "See you in class?"

"S-sure." I breathed as I watched her hurry out of the locker room. I let out a shaky breath, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

I think I knew now.

I think I knew who Jessica's mystery guy was.

Vote,comment, share.
-Chay.