Because He Loves Us

Short A/N

Okay guys.....so,the next chapters from here will contain flashbacks of the night of the Monroe party.....the party from chapter one. I'll try my best to make it as easy to understand as possible.  Remember that all this happened before the first chapter.  Before Keenan met Kimberly.... before the story started.

Four months ago
Night Of the Monroe Party
4:15 PM

Jason's POV

"I've got it!" Roxi appeared from behind one of the cloth racks,holding a black  columbina mask with gold detailing in her right hand. In her other hand, she held a pair of thick, black leather gloves. "I think this would bring out  the colour of your eyes. " She stretched the mask towards me,her eyes beaming brightly.  "And this would hide the bruises on your hand." Her smile faltered as she pursed her lip and then glanced down at the gloves in her hand.  "From the press." She added almost immediately.  I reached for the items in my hand and then sighed.

"Of course." I faked a smile.  "I'd better look good for the press. Leather gloves and all."

She looked at me for a few seconds, the corners of her mouth lifting up slowly and then rolled her eyes.

"Its not as bad as you make it sound." She stated, disappearing behind the cloth racks once more. I watched her pick out random dresses from the hanger,her hands shuffling rapidly among the clothes.

I knew that Roxi wasn't a reckless spender so the shopping had to  be a distraction.

And I knew that today,it her uneasiness wasn't just because she was married to the biggest man whore in the whole of New York city....no. A big part of her knew,just like I did that after today,our lives wouldn't be the same.

"Uhm-Jane?" She turned around,her voice shakey, calling the attention of the blonde woman who stood not too far away in a bright red suit.  "I'll take these. " She pushed some dresses into her hands. "Also,I'll take the mask in Jason's hands. The gloves too. Tell Laurel to put it all on my card." She told her. The lady nodded and then walked away. I watched her disappear down the hall and then pursed my lip.

"Are you okay?" I asked after a moment of silence.  She shifted uncomfortably on her feet and then ran her fingers through her hair.

"Yeah." She pursed her lip. "Yeah.... of course. Why wouldn't I be?" She faked a smile and then drew in a deep breath. "I should be asking you.  How does- How does it feel to b-be back here in New York city after such a long time? A-And what about school? Your old friends? Mum told me you're reluctant about going back to Marshall Arts School." She stuttered and then turned away from me,pretending to check out a peach coloured Chanel dress on the hanger.

She was lying...I knew.

I knew that she wasn't fine.

Her joined hands gave her away.

I knew she was only trying to change the subject. Glancing down at the mask in my hands,I shrugged and then bit down on my lower lip.

"Its Andre's farewell party. How could I not be here?" I faked a smile,glancing up. I let my eyes roam the hall and then let out an exasperated sigh. I could feel Roxi's gaze on me... I could feel her reluctance to utter another word. I could feel the tension slip slowly into the room until it dominated the air around us.

"I'm-I'm sorry." I breathed.  "I just didn't expect things to go down like this,R." I pursed my lip. "Andre doesn't deserve this... he doesn't deserve any of this. If-If I hadn't distracted dad that night, if I hadn't been such a goddamn boy,then-then maybe dad would still be alive-" I could feel my lungs closing in. "Maybe Andre wouldn't be like this. Maybe Michelle would still be alive, maybe-" I paused,feeling tears push their way to my eyes. "Maybe all of this could have been avoided. I just- I just-" I stuttered, the rest of my words seemingly stuck in my throat. Roxi watched me for a few seconds, tears in her eyes. Finally, she blinked and then looked away.

"It wasn't your fault." Her voice broke when she spoke. "None of it was your fault. "And Andre-" She sniffed. "Andre's going to be just fine. We're all going to be just fine." She paused. "And Andre turning himself in is for the best. He'd finally get the help that he needs. We're-we're doing the right thing. Andre is doing the right thing." She paused and then sniffed. "Because he loves us and because he is strong enough to accept the fact that he needs help. Bec-" She paused. "Because we can't let what happened to Michelle happen to anyone else." She cleaned her tears away with the back of her hand. "We can always go visit him at the treatment facility-"

"You mean asylum." I let out a shakey breath. "You mean we can always go visit him at the mental asylum. "

She opened her mouth to say something when the lady in the red suit walked back into the room. She stood a step ahead of the door. Roxi reached for my hand and then gave it a light squeeze before she turned to the lady.

"Jane." She faked a smile.  I watched the worry lines on her face fade slowly and in about than three seconds, every sign of our previous conversation was gone.  "Is there a problem?"

"Mrs. Olsen,the make up crew just arrived. George wants to know if he should send them up." She said. Even though at first glance it seemed like she was looking directly at us,if you looked closely, you'd notice that her attention was more on the wall behind us.

Roxi turned back to me and then faked a smile.

"Of course.  I'd be with them in a minute. " She told her.  Jane lowered her head and then walked away. She turned back to me.

"Ride with me to the party." Her voice was stable when she spoke but I could feel her hands trembling. I could feel her fear.

I glanced down at my sneakers.

"Okay." I nodded.

Short A/N

If you're wondering who Michelle is, she was Andre's first therapist who ended up dead. Shes was mentioned in one of the earlier chapters when Detective Jared was looking at the case file of the people who'd died so far.

Please ask me questions if you have any.  I'd hate for you to get confused.

Also vote,comment and share.

Till next time.

Love,Chay.